We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back from the Riu Vallarta

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
20 reviews
71 helpful votes
Just got back from the Riu Vallarta
Save

Had a GREAT stay.... If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

do not forget an insulated mug! ;)

canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
1. Re: Just got back from the Riu Vallarta
Save

hi there. my girlfriend and are headed there oct13oct20. We do read mixed reviews but overall, how u describe it? Rooms, pools, food etc.....

thanks for your help

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
20 reviews
71 helpful votes
2. Re: Just got back from the Riu Vallarta
Save

My boyfriend and I had read mixed reviews on here as well before we left, But to our surprise, the hotel was AMAZING. The grounds were terrific, and we were in by far the best looking hotel that we had seen. We stayed in the regular ocean view suite.. and it was beautiful. Great view of the pools and the ocean. Nice balcony, bathroom, and decor. (Marble floors, granite counter tops etc etc) The bed was a *bit* hard, but I knew that it would be, so as soon as we got there, we had them send up a "foamie" and that worked just fine. There are a plastic table and chairs on the patio which was really nice to relax on...

Beer fridge was always fully stocked!

The food was great... Flamingos breakfast and the Asian place were not the best.. but the rest of the food was amazing! Just don't miss breakfast at the main restaurant or you'll be hungry til noon! ;) I don't know what you've read about booking the restaurants... but basically you have to go down from 7am to 10am and "book" whichever restaurant you want to eat at that evening... there are 3 different restaurants that you have to *book* but doing so (in the off season) was not a problem at all! Got there at ten to 10 and booked whatever restaurant we wanted to eat at that night.

The pools were great... adult pool was always packed, so we spent most of our time at the beach which was less crowded! The only bad thing about the pools is that they close at 8pm...

They also brought the "flea market" into the courtyard on 3 out of the 7 nights we were there... from about 5pm-9pm... it was nice to buy the stuff and not have to carry it around all day! :P It was a great trip overall, but as I said, remember an insulated mug for drinks... You're gonna be thankful you did! ;)

Have fun!!

bristol england
Level Contributor
168 posts
8 reviews
8 helpful votes
3. Re: Just got back from the Riu Vallarta
Save

i agree with you split second.........cant understand some of the reviews,just could not fault the place........hotel or staff

4. Re: Just got back from the Riu Vallarta

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.