We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is Bucerias from RIU

Peoria Illinois
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
8 helpful votes
How far is Bucerias from RIU
Save

We are wanting to walk to Bucerias is it over a few miles to get there on foot? Sounds like a cool place! Wanting to stay at Riu Vallarta March 1st .thanks for any info!!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
1. Re: How far is Bucerias from RIU
Save

IMO - Too far to walk to Bucerias by foot on the beach. Take a cab, $7.00 USD one way and totally worth it. We walked the beach on the way there and it was just too far. About a 1 hour or so walk on the beach can be tiresome.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,796 posts
12 reviews
23 helpful votes
2. Re: How far is Bucerias from RIU
Save

We have done the walk from Bucerias to the Rui many times, yes it is a fair jaunt, about an hour depending on your walking speed. Wear a hat, bring some water, wear your bathing suit and stop for cool downs when needed and it is easily doable.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,653 posts
317 reviews
270 helpful votes
3. Re: How far is Bucerias from RIU
Save

If you enjoy beach walking as much as we (two seniors) do, it's a great walk!! From the Riu Jalisco (not exactly sure where the Riu Vallarta is in relation to its sister property, the Vallarta wasn't there, when we were in the area) ... the walk to the start of Bucerias (where the Royal Decameron is located) is about 20 minutes. From there to the village square, is another 20-30 minutes. So about 40-50 minutes in total -- depending on how you walk, or how you wish to walk, and how much you care to stop, see and enjoy the sights and sounds along the way.

It's definitely worth doing once -- one-way at least -- there's always the option of a taxi for the return trip!! :-)

It's a great beach to walk ... flat, and sandy all the way, with lots of sights to see along the way. We walked the beach to village square, and back, almost every morning during our 2-week stay at the Decameron, and we loved it!!

Cheers!!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
28,413 posts
9 reviews
52 helpful votes
4. Re: How far is Bucerias from RIU
Save

What the others said - it's a lovely walk but it's a bit of a distance. If it's very hot/humid and/or you've got kids with you and/or you want to arrive fresh and relaxed, then take a cab.

If you do walk it, remember to take water and sunscreen .... and the idea about stopping for a swim once or twice along the way is a great idea (wish we'd though of that!). We also found that sections of the beach got kinda pebbly/shelly, so flip flops or similar would be a good idea too.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
1 review
5 helpful votes
5. Re: How far is Bucerias from RIU
Save

3.8 miles from beach to town square based on GPS from my running watch.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,653 posts
317 reviews
270 helpful votes
6. Re: How far is Bucerias from RIU
Save

"3.8 miles from beach to town square based on GPS from my running watch."

Mersol .... just curious ... "from beach to town square" = what beach? the one 'at' the Riu Vallarta? (that's where the original poster is considering to stay)

Thanks!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
1 review
5 helpful votes
7. Re: How far is Bucerias from RIU
Save

sorry Johnny. Yes - from the Riu.

3.8 miles walking on a sidewalk is a lot different than walking 3.8 miles on a soft beach though! I know that it feels a lot further than that.

from the decameron property, on the road to paradise village mall, it is 4.45 miles.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,653 posts
317 reviews
270 helpful votes
8. Re: How far is Bucerias from RIU
Save

Hi Mersol ..... thanks for that!! But via the sand is such a pleasant walk!! And doing it that way, one can always divert to the water for some "cool" breaks along the way!!

We really enjoyed our beach walks ... but I will admit, that most of them were done during the early-morning hours. We wouldn't do, or really recommend such long walks during the heat of the day ... unless one's really into some "personal punishment"!! :-)

SOLAMBITION .... It's a great area, with a wonderful, and "very long" beach (that you can walk and swim!!) ... hope you go for it!!

Cheers!!

Peoria Illinois
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
8 helpful votes
9. Re: How far is Bucerias from RIU
Save

thanks for all the helpful advice ! Sounds like a nice morning jaunt to work off all the Cervesa and food I tend to over induldge on vacation ,but hey what are vacations for?

Gracious Amigos!!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
4,775 posts
10 reviews
30 helpful votes
10. Re: How far is Bucerias from RIU
Save

I would not attemt walking it on soft sand, but did enjoy the walk on the hard pack when the tide was low. It took about 50 minutes from the Samba/Riu to Bucerias. When I reached Karens, I used their foot wash taps to rinse my feet, put shoes on and walked the rest of the way along the sidewalk to look at the shops, restaurants and villas. A banana, pastry (from the hotel buffet), cold beer from the store by the flea market and cab home made for an excellent couple of mornings!

Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.