We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marival, Oct, and Turtles

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
38 reviews
98 helpful votes
Marival, Oct, and Turtles
Save

Any one stayed in Nuevo Vallarta in October. Wondering if there are turtle releases any where near the Marival?

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
174 posts
14 reviews
54 helpful votes
1. Re: Marival, Oct, and Turtles
Save

There is a turtle conservation place near the Marival. If you go left along the beach for about 5-10 minutes, you'll see it (I think there were signs). We went during the day to ask when they released the turtles and they said at 8pm every night, but unfortunately we forgot to go back for it.

Davenport, Iowa
Level Contributor
37 posts
2. Re: Marival, Oct, and Turtles
Save

When you say left I assume you are walking towards the Allegro. Is the conservation place before you get to the Allegro? When do they start to release the turtles? We will be there the last week of September. Thanks

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
184 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Marival, Oct, and Turtles
Save

We just got back from the Marival last week. The turtle release is toward the Occidental/Allegro, but can not remember if it is that far. They were releasing turtles at about 8:00 p.m. My wife and kids did it. We also had turtles come all the way up on the beach right in front of the Marival to lay eggs. Very cool. I'm not sure if it will be the same in October.

We've been to the Marival 6 times. You will have a blast!

4. Re: Marival, Oct, and Turtles

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 23:18
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.