We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RDC or Grand Marival

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
104 posts
4 reviews
12 helpful votes
RDC or Grand Marival
Save

I just have a quick question for anyone that has been to the two resorts. We are currently booked the RDC for American Thanksgiving and have the option of changing to the Marival for $20 a person. Since we received a good deal on the vacation to begin with the $20 would not be too bad of a splurge.

We have recently been to the RDC this past June and enjoyed the resort. We felt that the staff was very friendly and we loved the beach. That being said we do like to try new places and are considering a move just to try out a new resort. There will be 10 of us going (3 families with adult children). We will not have any children with us so the kid's club in either place does not concern us. We are interested in the food and beverage selections. In addition, we really liked the fact that there was an adult pool at the RDC where we could go after being in the ocean all day.

If anyone has been to both resorts could you please let me know which one you preferred and why? You can either post on the forum or pm.

Thanks in advance!

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
174 posts
14 reviews
54 helpful votes
1. Re: RDC or Grand Marival
Save

I've been to both - the Marival this year and RDC in 2004. I thought the food was better at the Marival. The a la cartes, in particular, were way better. I think the beverage selection was about the same. I'm a beer drinker and I liked that at the lobby bars in the Marival, they'd serve you beer in the bottle. I don't recall having that at RDC.

The Marival does have an adult only pool, though it isn't as big as the one at RDC. There are also 2 swim-ups bars at the Marival, though oddly neither is in the adult pool and we found they were always full of kids.

I liked both resorts but for $20 more, I'd give the Marival a try.

Quebec
Level Contributor
302 posts
16 reviews
43 helpful votes
2. Re: RDC or Grand Marival
Save

Grand Marival: Very good ala carte restaurants, beautiful beach for walking, especially when the tide is out, nice place for the nightly entertainment(inside) no cement seats.:(

RDC: Food & beach not as good. Nice staff. Nicer pools and grounds. very Mexican looking... the Marival buildings are all white. Nice walk to Bucerias.

I like RDC better than the Marival as did my sister and daughter.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,194 posts
24 reviews
127 helpful votes
3. Re: RDC or Grand Marival
Save

Doubt this will be the deciding factor, but since someone else commented. At RDC beer may not be served in the bottle, but they only serve bottled beer - poured into glasses. Their beef isn't on tap (draft). Beer is SOL - btw. My husband appreciated the bottled beer when we were there.

4. Re: RDC or Grand Marival

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.