We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Velas

Yukon, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
Grand Velas
Save

My husband and I are also changing vacation locations d/t Hurricane Dean. (Originally booked for El Dorado Royale in Puerto Morales) We are now booked for Grand Velas. Just wondering how the reservation system for dinner worked?? We booked a master suite...hope it's a beautiful as it looks! Thanks

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
14,688 posts
1. Re: Grand Velas
Save

When we were there last year, they wanted us to make reservations by about 10:00 am on the day we wished to dine (check when you register) for the three specialty restaurants: Frida, Lucca and Piaf, even when they're not busy. (I think it's so that they can balance their staff between the restaurants). You don't have to make reservations at Azul. If you want to eat at one of the specialty restaurants on the day you arrive, I'd suggest trying to do so by e-mail. Otherwise they will expect you to eat at Azul .

And yes, it's as beautiful as it looks. We stayed in a Master Suite too. Have fun.

Yukon, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Grand Velas
Save

Thanks for the info!!

Sedona, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
76,794 posts
225 reviews
228 helpful votes
3. Re: Grand Velas
Save

We actually booked our dinner reservations forthe entire week on the day we arrived. We made achange one night and they were still able to accmodate us.

We had a master suite and loved it. Can't wait to get back there on Nov 27th. This time for 12 days.

Connecticut
4 posts
4. Re: Grand Velas
Save

We are at the Grand Velas right now. It is at about 60% occupancy. You can make the reservaion at any time. We have booked a late as 5:00 on the night of the reservation.

You will love it here. We are so sad to be leaving in the morning.

5. Re: Grand Velas

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 12:20
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.