We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Velas - Excursions

Dallas, TX
5 posts
Grand Velas - Excursions
Save

Hi all. Thanks for all the great advice I've read on this board. My fiance and I are going to be staying at the GV in early Novermber for 6 nights for our honeymoon. Any general advice? I've read about tipping, getting dinner reservations set for the entire week, asking for a high floor, etc.

Also, I am not renting a car, but imagine we would like to get off of the resort for a couple of days. What do you suggest for maybe a night in town for some dinner & drinks? We'll probably hit the town all day shopping, then I'd like to sample some local fare so recommendations are requested.

What excursions do you recommend? Thanks in advance!!

Granite Bay, CA
Level Contributor
584 posts
4 reviews
19 helpful votes
1. Re: Grand Velas - Excursions
Save

Hi. I'll be at the Grand Velas at the same time. We'll be the group of 40-somethings by the pool bar. Come over and say hi--we're a friendly group! It will be our third trip to the place. You'll love it. You will truly be pampered beyond belief. If you'll be having dinner in town one night, I would recommend Pepe's (hope I'm spelling that right). We have done most of the local tours. I would recommend one of the boat trips (where you get a chance to snorkel) and the canopy tour is a blast. Get to know your waiters at the Grand Velas and they'll make your trip delightful. They will do anything for you. Plan on using the spa for at least a couple of treatments. It is really a treat. Order whatever you feel like at Azul (the outdoor restaurant) and they will more than likely accomodate you.

Good luck with your wedding and congratulations on your honeymoon. You've made an excellent choice.

If I can answer anymore questions, just ask.

Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.