We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Mayan Check In

6 posts
Grand Mayan Check In
Save

Hi everyone… I am arriving at the Grand Mayan in 38 days but who's counting, right :)

I was wondering for anyone who has been there recently, how much do they hold on your credit card when checking in? I believe in the past its been $600-700 but thought I would check to see if it has changed at all. Thanks for your help!

6 replies to this topic
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
28 reviews
62 helpful votes
1. Re: Grand Mayan Check In
Save

It’s around that. I’ve been an owner about 16 years.

They won’t start checking you in until about 4pm.

Be careful and check your bill a day b4 you leave.

They like to sneak charges on your bill.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
28 reviews
62 helpful votes
2. Re: Grand Mayan Check In
Save

It’s around that. I’ve been an owner about 16 years.

They won’t start checking you in until about 4pm.

Be careful and check your bill a day b4 you leave.

They like to sneak charges on your bill.

Concord, California
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
20,310 posts
222 reviews
367 helpful votes
3. Re: Grand Mayan Check In
Save

TravelCher --- when you heard that on the hold of that amount on your credit card, how long ago did you hear that?

I'm curious as we've stayed at Mayan Palace, Grand Mayan and Sea Garden in the recent past and never had them hold anywhere near that amount, but things do change.

If that's true, people definitely need to know that in advance. Could be a shock --- not good vibes in staying there for new people. We don't own but stay there once or twice a year on RCI.

The only thing they've ever slipped onto my bill is their charity but I always scrutinize my bills wherever and they are good about adjusting them. Just never heard of a credit card hold there like that. Haven't been there since COVID though.

Edited: 10 May 2021, 04:02
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
28 reviews
62 helpful votes
4. Re: Grand Mayan Check In
Save

The Most Important Thing...DON’T do a presentation. Not worth 3-5 hours of high pressure bs for anything they have to offer.

When we bought we got a good deal and contract.

They want us out of our contract so bad and to upgrade they can’t stand it. Nothing they ever offered us is worth it.

We like what we have and will NOT upgrade!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Grand Mayan Check In
Save

exactly,,,heading for a week this friday..talked to the concierge at the grand mayan today ..says 40% occupancy ..but they won't have any shows on the beach or dinner meal plan..but thats ok...i'm ready!..

1 post
6. Re: Grand Mayan Check In
Save

We just got back and they put a $1500 hold on our credit card.

Reply to: Grand Mayan Check In
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.