We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice on hotels, mostly adult and all inclusive, quiet

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
advice on hotels, mostly adult and all inclusive, quiet
Save

We are looking for a nice hotel with pools and spas , not too many kids and good food and all inclusive. Is that asking a lot?! We have never been to Puerto Vallarta. Also interested in Nuevo Vallarta

6 replies to this topic
Westlock, Canada
Level Contributor
4,429 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
1. Re: advice on hotels, mostly adult and all inclusive, quiet
Save

When are you going? If after August,I would look at the new Secrets Bahia Mita that is north about an hour near Punta de Mita. It is adults only and wil lhave gorgeous view, brand spaking new, so will be very nice. You may just get some great intro rates. Will have great pools and a spa as well. No reviews though as it's not open yet.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
69 reviews
176 helpful votes
2. Re: advice on hotels, mostly adult and all inclusive, quiet
Save

My favorite adults-only resorts are Hotel Mousai, Villa Premier & Casa Velas. HM & VP are all-inclusive optional, Casa Velas is all-inclusive. Villa Premier & Casa Velas are located in Puerto Vallarta & Hotel Mousai is just south of PV. All of these options are smaller & have a quiet atmosphere.

I had booked Secrets Baha Mita for my trip in October, but cancelled after doing more research. It is a huge horseshoe shaped complex comprised of both Secrets & Dreams. There are shared facilities such as some restaurants, the spa, etc. I prefer smaller resorts & I don’t like that Secrets/Dreams is actually one mega resort.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
559 posts
18 reviews
73 helpful votes
3. Re: advice on hotels, mostly adult and all inclusive, quiet
Save

Your travel dates may affect your experience. In general terms we like the Riu Palace Pacifico. It draws a slightly older crowd and although children are allowed it has never been a problem in our many visits there. Food is better than some other AI resorts we have been to, and there are a lot of nice outdoor areas for dining and several bars. One large pool with a great swim up bar that has tables and benches in the water, with areas of shade or sun. I would say it is relatively quiet. Entertainment is on par with most other AI resorts. The location is fabulous on the long stretch of beach, walkable to Bucerias, and an easy taxi ride into PV. Staff has always been great and remember repeat visitors. Rooms are all suites with a nice little sitting area and balcony. We have not visited during Covid but are looking forward to our trip this fall.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
69 reviews
176 helpful votes
4. Re: advice on hotels, mostly adult and all inclusive, quiet
Save

In Nuevo Vallarta, Grand Velas is an excellent option. I recently returned from my 2nd stay at the resort. It’s family friendly, but there were very few children. The price point is higher than other resorts in the area, which in my opinion results in the clientele having more decorum & making it a serene environment.

Leavenworth, Kansas
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
232 reviews
528 helpful votes
5. Re: advice on hotels, mostly adult and all inclusive, quiet
Save

I am in agreement with # 3 so please reread RayBob's post.

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
6. Re: advice on hotels, mostly adult and all inclusive, quiet
Save

Thank you all for your very helpful advice. We have decided on Hotel Moussai. We are not planning to do anything but eat, sleep and relax. Thanks again!, Lori

Reply to: advice on hotels, mostly adult and all inclusive, quiet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.