We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
June
Save

Hi, All being well we will be flying to Puerto Vallarta on the 9 June for 2 weeks staying at Rui Vallarta. Are there Any special events happening. Last time we was there we saw a magnificent parade down the Malecon . Looking at the world meters for Covid it’s looking good for U.K. people to travel to Mexico and most of us have been vaccinated.

8 replies to this topic
Concord, California
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
20,310 posts
222 reviews
367 helpful votes
1. Re: June
Save

Me too, Haddonqueen. There in June. The only time I've ever been there in June is during the first week of June which is normally attached to a couple of week the end of May.

When did you see the parade on the Malecon? In general, there aren't a lot of big parades and events outside High Season (November starting with Day of the Dead through end of April). Even Cinco de Mayo (which people in the US think of as a Mexican Holiday, but isn't so much) doesn't draw out big parades. End of May (Pride) does draw a large parade though.

Can you remember when the parade took place?

Congrats that you and your country mates are good for travel to Mexico. UK citizens have been a friendly tourist group in the last few years.

I've been there several times in July, August and September, so I'm just figuring June will be not so wet. For special events though, COVID has put the damper on even the annual huge events and parades in High Season.

I always figure the Low Season is my chance to interact more with the locals, without so many foreign tourists around. Hope you enjoy it soon. I'll be in the southern part of Nuevo. Enjoy your trip.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
287 reviews
94 helpful votes
2. Re: June
Save

Hola and June is a great month here on the Bahía. Most of the part timers have already gone back up north, during a normal season. This year has obviously been rather quiet with Covid19 still in the news.

There are no major Mexican holidays in June and the weather will be getting hot, but not as bad as August through October. I would be an umbrella, just in case there is rain.

As Marly mentioned, low season has a special beauty all its own. Enjoy your visit.

Penticton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
15,602 posts
149 reviews
328 helpful votes
3. Re: June
Save

Agree ,June is great time to go, had been several two week stays, mid June. Only remember One day of rain, so not humid like Sept (ugh).

Great hotel, 9 stays in 5 years., All newly renovated.

Hope it's a Go for you .

Edited: 28 April 2021, 23:59
Concord, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,310 posts
222 reviews
367 helpful votes
4. Re: June
Save

Great post, momma. Since you live there permanently now, you captured the "essence" of the summer low-season (and low-key) months in the area. There is a "rhythm" that sets in, with the northern crowds being gone and the frenzied activity level going down. A sense of "ahhhh"....with the locals.....they can relax now and be with their families and get busy working on their houses and businesses, to prepare for the next huge tourist wave.

From my first visit to the Vallarta area almost 40 years ago in a Pacific hurricane in low season, to now --- I've loved going in low season. We only went in the summer months for years.

We never went in High Season (winter) until 21 years ago. That was a first. On that trip, we visited Bucerias on the bus. An Adventure --- new Hwy 200 wasn't in then. Thought about buying. Should have, as I'm sure you'd agree.

Great to hear from you all who have been in the area in the last few years, in June, as the weather has been so unpredictable in the recent past.

I'm looking forward to getting to La Comer. Haddonqueen ---- even if you're at an All-Inclusive, do make a trip to that grocery nearby. Also, I hope you get out to a restaurant or two in Bucerias. So close.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
287 reviews
94 helpful votes
5. Re: June
Save

Gracias Marly🙏🏽

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
6. Re: June
Save

Hello. Holidays to Mexico from the U.K. are being cancelled till 9 June. So many people have been cancelled.

Concord, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,310 posts
222 reviews
367 helpful votes
7. Re: June
Save

Please tell us this does not include you, since you said you were traveling to PV on June 9.

If it does, I'm so sorry to hear that. So many of us have had so many cancelled vacations over the past 14 months or so.

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
8. Re: June
Save

Thankyou. Our flight on the 9 June is ok at the moment. It’s bad is this virus. We are lucky here in U.K. cos most people will had had vaccine.

Reply to: June
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.