We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxies and white vans

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
29 reviews
14 helpful votes
Taxies and white vans
Save

Wondering if the white vans that take workers etc around area are still running? Any safety protocols in place as I remember being crammed in them! Also wondering if taxi drivers have to wear masks?

7 replies to this topic
Sayulita
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
34 reviews
24 helpful votes
1. Re: Taxies and white vans
Save

When you talk about 'white vans', I think you must be talking about colectivos. Yes, they're still running. I have never seen any Covid protocols in place and people are still crammed in as before. Taxi drivers all have masks. Some wear them all the time, others will wear them if you ask them to.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
29 reviews
14 helpful votes
2. Re: Taxies and white vans
Save

Yes..collectivos . Thanks for update. Won’t be getting in one of those anytime soon!!

Edited: 22 April 2021, 00:27
Sayulita
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
34 reviews
24 helpful votes
3. Re: Taxies and white vans
Save

Smart move. I've been taking the local buses and also taxis a lot in the last few months and have been tested regularly. I wear a mask, I use sanitizer when getting on and off the bus or in and out of the taxi, and it's been working for me. But for now, I'm skipping the colectivos, which is a shame as I think they're great!

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
287 reviews
94 helpful votes
4. Re: Taxies and white vans
Save

While I completely agree with Harry about not taking the Combies or collectivos now,

I’m happy to say that I do see some mask compliance here around Bucerías and Nuevo. My guess is the driver is relying on the riders efforts. Best to taxi or Uber to be safe.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
29 reviews
14 helpful votes
5. Re: Taxies and white vans
Save

Do you have to wear a mask on buses?

Edited: 22 April 2021, 04:45
Sayulita
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
34 reviews
24 helpful votes
6. Re: Taxies and white vans
Save

Everyone is supposed to wear a mask on buses. From my experience this year, and I've taken the bus between Sayulita and PV about 15 times in the last few months, I would say about 75% of people wear masks.

7. Re: Taxies and white vans

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 April 2021, 22:31

Reply to: Taxies and white vans
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.