We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All-Inclusive Recommendations

Santa Rosa, CA
Level Contributor
254 posts
2 reviews
14 helpful votes
All-Inclusive Recommendations
Save

I'm looking for any recommendations on an all-inclusive with good food, somewhat lively, and evening entertainment. Location is not important as we will be staying at the resort this time. We have been to the Riu Palace many times, but thinking it may be a little too sleepy right now for us. We are thinking of the Hard Rock Café, but do not want blaring music all the time. We like to be able to have conversations. Any other ideas? Possibly the Iberostar, but also don't want too many kids around us. Any other ideas? Thanks!

20 replies to this topic
Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
66 reviews
147 helpful votes
1. Re: All-Inclusive Recommendations
Save

Iberostar sounds great. We have not found it to be overrun with kids when we stayed there (twice), and would go back again. To us it very much on par with the RIU Palace.

Leavenworth, Kansas
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
232 reviews
528 helpful votes
2. Re: All-Inclusive Recommendations
Save

I agree with Dugfir. Although I don't believe that you will find 'booming activity' for a few months yet at any of the resorts. I expect 1 May to get busier as the people from Canada will be coming in, but it will perhaps be June or July before things become lively again. Just my opinion.

I plan to 'take a break' at RIU Palace the end of April, but I am just going to rest and relax.

Arizona
Level Contributor
2 posts
166 reviews
68 helpful votes
3. Re: All-Inclusive Recommendations
Save

We love Vidalia Resorts in Nuevo Vallarta.

It is Fabulous, you can choose from Mayan, Grand Mayan, Grand Bliss

They are all on 1 property just different levels of accommodations.

At 20 restaurants, on beach

Food is delicious. You choose your meal packages

We own one at Mayan.

Hope this helps

Marcia

Concord, California
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
20,310 posts
222 reviews
367 helpful votes
4. Re: All-Inclusive Recommendations
Save

We enjoy the Vidanta resorts in Nuevo also. We're not owners but do stay there each year lately, trading with RCI.

K_Sun asked for All-Inclusive resort recommendations though, and the Vidanta resorts are not All-Inclusive. Once you book your resort, you still have to pay for all your meals and beverages as you go, though there is great variety in food/drink, and the food is very good. It's still a separate expense and the restaurants/bars have gotten pricier by the year, in our experience.

K_Sun didn't mention their motivation in wanting an All-Inclusive but most people who use AI want to just pay ahead (one inclusive price for lodging, food/drinks) of their vacation so they can have food/beverages at their finger tips for the rest of their stay and be done with the paying up front. Sort of like a cruise ship (which is the closest we've ever come to an AI).

Vidanta is rare in being the main non All-Inclusive resort(s) in Nuevo Vallarta (and the largest also, of course).

We very much enjoy the Vidanta beach shows and the Santuario large performance center, having experienced some excellent nightly music performances --- also very good beaches and pools, but that description fits all the major resorts in Nuevo, fortunately. AI or non-AI.

Santa Rosa, CA
Level Contributor
254 posts
2 reviews
14 helpful votes
5. Re: All-Inclusive Recommendations
Save

Thanks for everyone who has replied! We go to Puerto Vallarta 3 to 4 times per year and about 50% of our trips we stay in town and enjoy all the wonderful restaurants. Usually, when we do all inclusive it has been the RIU Palace, but this trip we are looking for something different. This has been a really stressful year, and we are just looking to go to a resort and relax and hopefully be back to Puerto Vallarta in a couple of months and will stay in town. We do like good food and some evening entertainment such as Michael Jackson shows, etc. I'm just wondering if the Hard Rock's music is blaring all day. We are in our 60's and enjoy rock music, but also like to be able to have a conversation. Really appreciate hearing everyone's thoughts!

Pompano Beach...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
9,292 posts
62 reviews
45 helpful votes
6. Re: All-Inclusive Recommendations
Save

Have you looked at Dreams Villa Magna? It can be relaxing or active depending on what you want. Three bog pools so always a place to join in the activities or just to chill. Food and drink are very good and the staff is amazing. They are very friendly and will go the extra mile to make your vacation special.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
559 posts
18 reviews
73 helpful votes
7. Re: All-Inclusive Recommendations
Save

We have stayed at Riu Palace 6-8 times and Iberostar 4 or 5 times. I would say there are things I like at each better than the other. I think food is similar, entertainment similar with some live entertainment and theater shows, similar poolside activities and bar, pool at Iberostar has much more shade, Palace has more outdoor spaces for dining/bars etc., we encountered more kids and families at Iberostar than Palace, location of Palace is better for going to Bucerias or downtown PV - Iberostar is at least 45 -55 minutes from the PV airport and somewhat remote on a more natural beach where high tide can impact the space available for loungers. One thing we love about the Iberostar is that you don’t have to play the “towel game” - before 9:00 a.m. the staff will remove personal items on poolside loungers if you are not sitting there. So no getting up at 5 a.m. to put your towel on your preferred chair! Either place is a good choice in my opinion - we usually choose whichever is offering a lower price for our selected weeks.

Leavenworth, Kansas
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
232 reviews
528 helpful votes
8. Re: All-Inclusive Recommendations
Save

I believe that all of the advice that you have been given on this thread is excellent. In my opinion you cannot go wrong with any of the resorts mentioned so far. Each is a little different and offers somethings that the others do not. Which ever you decide to use I am sure that you will have another great vacation on Nuevo Vallarta.

Enjoy your vacation!!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,831 posts
12 reviews
23 helpful votes
9. Re: All-Inclusive Recommendations
Save

Regarding the Hard Rock and music. I don’t know what it’s like on resort, but when we ride our bikes past there, there is music always blaring on the road side.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
11 reviews
57 helpful votes
10. Re: All-Inclusive Recommendations
Save

We love the Dreams! The service is amazing. We've thoroughly enjoyed all the restaurants as well. The Coco Cafe is a great spot for a refreshing drink. I've found the Hard Rock to be noisy plus it doesn't even feel like Mexico there.

Reply to: All-Inclusive Recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.