We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far from the Marival to Bucerias?

Burlington Ontario
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
32 helpful votes
How far from the Marival to Bucerias?
Save

Can anybody tell us how far it is from the Marival to Bucerias? We've been reading the forums and it sounds like a neat place to visit. Is it walkable? I read someone went on bikes - how long does it take?

London Ont Can
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
7 helpful votes
1. Re: How far from the Marival to Bucerias?
Save

Hey cam....Bucerias is about a 10min cab ride from Marival...we were there in Jan....great place to get souvenirs....there's a great restaurant on the beach....small but has great surf and turf...can't rememeber the name....town is old and all cobblestones...wear good shoes....vendors will be all over you so bargain hard!.....biking would be long....plus you have to take some main hwy to get there...not like the QEW or 401....more like HYW 5.....enjoy

London Ont Can
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
7 helpful votes
2. Re: How far from the Marival to Bucerias?
Save

Cam....any other question ask away...I've been to Marival twice now....it's a great resort

Burlington Ontario
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
32 helpful votes
3. Re: How far from the Marival to Bucerias?
Save

Hey card man.... Thanks for the info! We leave next week and can't wait..........it's our first time there!

Killarney, Canada
Level Contributor
201 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: How far from the Marival to Bucerias?
Save

Definitely do not walk there - we were told it was only a 45 min. walk but it took us over 2 hrs. walking down the beach from the marival. Bucerias is a neat little town. We wished we would have stayed for lunch as we have heard there are lots of great restaurants. Would love to know the names of some great restaurants for our next trip there. There is a vendor in the market that takes Canadian Tire money! Not sure why he does - but I will definitely be packing my cdn tire money next time. He has lots of shirts and beach bags, he was a really nice friendly guy.

Burlington Ontario
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
32 helpful votes
5. Re: How far from the Marival to Bucerias?
Save

Thanks 50-below. I think we'll probably take a cab there. As for the Canadian Tire money, we have lots of that, so we'll be sure to pack it. I wonder what he does with it? Maybe I'll ask him. Does he speak English?

United States
Level Contributor
746 posts
25 reviews
103 helpful votes
6. Re: How far from the Marival to Bucerias?
Save

I was there in Nov/Dec of 2004...if it's just the adults riding pedal bikes from the Marival it takes about 15-20 minutes...walking even on the street will take about 45-60 minutes...the beach will take about 2 hours walk ...

I wouldn't recommend taking the pedal bikes if it's been awhile since you have rode or if there are children involved but...for in shape adults...GO FOR IT!! They are free and you get a chance to work off all the yummy food and drinks! Plus if you leave early enough and then shop and ride back you are hittin' the sun right around 11:30 or so which was perfect for us!!

Penticton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
15,571 posts
149 reviews
327 helpful votes
7. Re: How far from the Marival to Bucerias?
Save

Hi, We could see the newer Riu (White) on the beach,and wanted to go look at it! In the sand it took us at least 1 and 1/2 hours,but we made it,there and back. Buceries is that distance again,because from Riu to Royall Decameron is a good distance. Resorts look close, but walking on the beach is Hard! Lol

Killarney, Canada
Level Contributor
201 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
8. Re: How far from the Marival to Bucerias?
Save

camrirox - not sure what the vendor does with his cdn tire money - thought maybe he has relatives in Canada or something. He speakes very good english, he is probably between 35 - 40 yrs. old and has really nice colored eyes. His stand is right on a corner of 2 streets 1/2 a block after a small bridge that takes you over a stream (more like a sewage lagoon) - guess it depends on which way you are coming from - we walked down the beach and then cut through the Royal Decameron and walked down the street towards the center of town and the beach and crossed this bridge before we found the vendors. I am looking forward to going back there and spending more time there next year - I am sure we didn't see half Bucerias. Would also like to go to a good restaurant as I have heard there are plently of good ones there. Please let me know if you go and if you find any good restaurants.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
323 posts
2 reviews
9 helpful votes
9. Re: How far from the Marival to Bucerias?
Save

DO NOT walk or RIDE the Bikes there. It is too far. Take a cab. We rode the bikes to the RIU and it took us 1/2 hour each way and we weren't any where near Bucerias. Remember cabs are always per trip regardless of the number of passengers. We met some other folks that wanted to go into pueorta vallarta so we were able to share the cab ride there. Do not go into PV on the days the ships come into port. There are way too many people and all the price4s go up. The hotel should be able to help you with the best days to go into either PV or Bucerias.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
123 posts
6 reviews
13 helpful votes
10. Re: How far from the Marival to Bucerias?
Save

We did bike ride with 2 families, we had a blast, It was about 40 minutes each way with kids. Lots of fun, lots to see on the way. A cold beer tasted great once you arrived in Buccerias!!!

Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.