We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Living Cost at Guadalajara

Kottayam, India
1 post
2 reviews
Living Cost at Guadalajara
Save

Hi,

I am planning to do an internship at Guadalajara. I will get $750 monthly, is that enough for a single person to live there

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
55 reviews
56 helpful votes
1. Re: Living Cost at Guadalajara
Save

It's not impossible, many Mexicans live on that much or less. But it would mean living like a local, shopping and/or eating in local markets, and finding your favorite taco or gordita street vendor. Public transportation with taxis only for emergencies. Renting a room, not an apartment, unless you can find 2/3 others to share the rent.

San Francisco...
3 posts
2. Re: Living Cost at Guadalajara
Save

I lived in Guadalajara for a summer last year on about $1000/month and never felt like I had to watch money very carefully, so I think living on $750/month is totally doable. I paid about $300/month for a room, but all the locals who I told said that was crazy expensive, so you should be able to find a room for much cheaper than that.

Buses go almost everywhere in the city and are very cheap -- 6 pesos per ride. The site http://rutasgdl.com/ is super helpful at finding bus routes near where you want to go, and I found the routes shown on there to be pretty accurate.

Also, I agree that you probably won't want to take taxis very often, but when you do need to, they are very inexpensive compared to, say, the US -- I generally paid about $7 for a ride halfway across the city at night.

3. Re: Living Cost at Guadalajara

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2016, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.