We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Totatiche jalisco mexico

1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
Totatiche jalisco mexico
Save

Hi everyone. Im looking for recommendations for transportation. My brother is getting married in tetotiche which is 135 miles out of Guadalajara. We are flying in to GDL but now we are researching how we can get to this town. Thoughts?

Thank you .

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
113 reviews
71 helpful votes
1. Re: Totatiche jalisco mexico
Save

Ask him to find out which bus companies go there. Or, if there are several of you, renting a car could make sense.

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
10,116 posts
125 reviews
225 helpful votes
2. Re: Totatiche jalisco mexico
Save

I agree with sioux4noff, I am sure there is local transportation to the 'town' but do not expect a 'first class bus'; it is probably more likely an old converted school bus with no a/c, no bathroom, etc. Personally I have traveled on many of those similar buses / routes while traversing Guatemala; they can be hard on the kidneys as the roads tend to be less than paved highways.

Totatiche Jalisco (Mexico) is almost due North of Guadalajara, where the (Mexican) State of Jalisco is 'pinched' by both Nayarit and Zacatecas; it is also almost due West of Aguascalientes.

My best guess is that you are looking at a 4 - 5+ hour bus ride, on a '2nd class bus' as previously noted. Nothing wrong with these buses, they are still safe. It is just that they do not have all of the creature comforts or amenities that one might be used to on bus routes between larger cities / locales in Mexico. Also you might very well be the ONLY English speaking person on the entire bus, so keep that in mind as well. Personally I enjoy traveling to these out-of-the-way destinations.

¡Se diviertán!

3. Re: Totatiche jalisco mexico

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2016, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.