We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Layover in Guadalajara

Bangor, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Layover in Guadalajara
Save

my husband and I hang a 5 hour layover on a Sunday. Is there anything close to airport for us to explore and a yummy place for breakfast. We arrive at 8:00 am

Lake Elsinore...
Level Contributor
108 posts
124 reviews
295 helpful votes
1. Re: Layover in Guadalajara
Save

We will also have a 5 1/2 hr layover at Guadalajara airport and would like to take a City tour during that time? We will be there in May on a layover from Cancun to LAX with Volaris. What is the best way to do this? Take a taxi to the historic center of the city and find a bus tour??? Any help would be great.

Lake Elsinore...
Level Contributor
108 posts
124 reviews
295 helpful votes
2. Re: Layover in Guadalajara
Save

I wanted to add that our flight arrives at 2:20 in GDC and our connection flight departs at 8:20pm. 6 hours layover. We would have about 4 hrs to see the historic city or maybe a Tequila hacienda if that is faster or closer.

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Layover in Guadalajara
Save

The airport is a good 45 minutes from the historic center of Guadalajara, and about half an hour from Tlaquepaque (just my best guess, depending on traffic). Add in time to go through security, and maybe you'll have time for a nice breakfast or dinner. Not for any kind of tour, IMO.

Bangor, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Layover in Guadalajara
Save

Thank you!! Do you know of any restraints near airport. Or is there a variet in the airport

Mary

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
13 reviews
8 helpful votes
5. Re: Layover in Guadalajara
Save

For the time that you have, a visit to Tlaquapaque is doable. It's a very nice upscale part of Guadalajara that isn't too far from the airport

Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
10 helpful votes
6. Re: Layover in Guadalajara
Save

I agree that Tlaquepaque is doable. I just wanted to mention that you could also check out Lake Chapala, it is also about 30 minutes away!

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
922 posts
7. Re: Layover in Guadalajara
Save

MaryLee,

Here's the restaurant listing from the Guadalajara airport webpage (note that it is four pages long):

https://www.aeropuertosgap.com.mx/es/guadalajara/alimentos.html

Matt

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
922 posts
8. Re: Layover in Guadalajara
Save

Sorry, I just realized that I posted the Spanish language airport webpage link. Here's the English version: https://www.aeropuertosgap.com.mx/en/guadalajara-3/food.html

9. Re: Layover in Guadalajara

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2016, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.