We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guadalajara vs Tlaquepaque

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
71 posts
76 reviews
97 helpful votes
Guadalajara vs Tlaquepaque
Save

we plan to spend 4 - 5 days in Guadalajara in November. Should we stay in Tlaquepaque or Guadalajara? We'd like to sightsee, have some nice meals and do some shopping. We'd also like to stay in a nice boutique hotel or b&b (at least 4 star) with comfortable beds and wifi would be a plus. We are seasoned travelers in our 50s -- been all over the world and speak Spanish. We'd welcome recommendations about renting a car and traveling independently too.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
113 reviews
71 helpful votes
1. Re: Guadalajara vs Tlaquepaque
Save

Maybe a couple nights in Tlaquepaque and a couple near the historic centro would be a good mix.

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
71 posts
76 reviews
97 helpful votes
2. Re: Guadalajara vs Tlaquepaque
Save

Thanks for your very quick reply! Do you think 4 - 5 days is a suitable amount of time there?

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
113 reviews
71 helpful votes
3. Re: Guadalajara vs Tlaquepaque
Save

I think so. You will find plenty to see and do. Have a wonderful trip.

4. Re: Guadalajara vs Tlaquepaque

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2019, 15:31
Edited: 1 year ago
Westchester County...
Level Contributor
71 posts
76 reviews
97 helpful votes
5. Re: Guadalajara vs Tlaquepaque
Save

Thanks pumpermum for your detailed reply! Hotel Morales was on my list but was so inexpensive (I know ! Very funny that someone might think they didn't charge enough!) relatively speaking compared to other hotels, I was concerned whether it was genuinely a nice place to stay. These are the options I was looking at for the two towns -- can you offer any opinions? Did you hook up with any guides or did you tour on your own? Thanks so much for taking the time to reply! So very helpful!

Guadalajara

•Villa Ganz

Hotel Demetria

Hotel de Mendoza

•Hotel Morales

Tlaquepaque

•Villa del Ensueño

Casa Armonia

•Casa de las Flores

•Rosa Morada

6. Re: Guadalajara vs Tlaquepaque

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2019, 15:31
Westchester County...
Level Contributor
71 posts
76 reviews
97 helpful votes
7. Re: Guadalajara vs Tlaquepaque
Save

I am so grateful for your generous and detailed posts! I also like to do my research in advance and we tend to use public transportation whenever we can (but I think a car is useful for excursions out of the city to the pyramids, for example). Again, many thanks for all the information you've shared with me!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
2,315 posts
55 reviews
40 helpful votes
8. Re: Guadalajara vs Tlaquepaque
Save

I am in Tlaquepaque right now, staying at the Casa Armonia. We're only on a four day trip, so decided to stay in Tlaquepaque and see the downtown of Guadalajara from here. I can probably write in a little more detail on Tuesday, when we return.

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
71 posts
76 reviews
97 helpful votes
9. Re: Guadalajara vs Tlaquepaque
Save

Peter826, that would be awesome! Thank you! How's Casa Armonia -- also on my potential list.

California
Level Contributor
850 posts
144 reviews
171 helpful votes
10. Re: Guadalajara vs Tlaquepaque
Save

I stayed at Casa de las Flores a few months ago and liked it. (That being said I'll try a different place this December.) I ended up staying all four nights in Tlaquepaque and did a day trip downtown on a Sunday which was a lot of fun. Plenty of people watching as families enjoyed their Sunday.

Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.