We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Mexico - advice

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
47 posts
44 reviews
39 helpful votes
Trip Mexico - advice
Save

Hello,

I will be going to Mexico in mid November for a wedding. The wedding takes place in Guadalajara, so I will be there for a couple of days. But since I'll be coming all the way from Europe, I would like to travel around the country a bit and see some things. I already plan to spend some days in the sun - in Cabo or Cancun. Do you have any advice on where else to go to? Thanks!

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
411 reviews
256 helpful votes
1. Re: Trip Mexico - advice
Save

You don't indicate how much time you have allocated for your trip. In Guadalajara, one can easily spend 8 to 10 hours per day seeing the sights or shopping in Tlaquepaque or Tonala. Beyond that, Central Mexico has a great deal to offer in the many colonial cities - Guanajuato, Morelia, Puebla, Oaxaca, etc. It all depends on your interests.

Waterloo, Ontario
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Trip Mexico - advice
Save

If you are planniing on a few days in the sun, you may want to consider Puerto Vallarta as well. It is much closer to Guadalajara, and in my opinion a much more interesting place than either Cancun or Cabo. There is also much more to see, and do, it'ss a foodies paradise with a ton of wonderful restaurants, and it is a great walking town. It has a much more authentic Mexican feel than either Cabo or Cancun, even with it being a popular tourist destination. It is a working Mexican city where as Cabo and Cancun are much more built specifically for tourists where you rarely venture into the same areas the locals reside, eat, and work. The lanscape is also much more interesting, and beautiful with the Sierra Madre mountains all around.

Just some food for thought. Hope you have a fantastic trip.

3. Re: Trip Mexico - advice

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.