We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Alcazar vs. Hotel Dali Plaza

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
58 posts
11 reviews
41 helpful votes
Hotel Alcazar vs. Hotel Dali Plaza
Save

Hi. I am coming to GDL for 5 nights in July, and want to stay in centro. I've whittled my choices down to these 2 hotels. Any thoughts? There are not many recent reviews of the Alcazar. It's more expensive, but has a free breakfast. I appreciate any input anyone might have.

Thanks in advance!

Best value hotels in Guadalajara
Villa Ganz Hotel Boutique
Villa Ganz Hotel Boutique
#2 of 155 hotels in Guadalajara
Real Maestranza Hotel
Real Maestranza Hotel
#1 of 155 hotels in Guadalajara
Corpus Christi, TX
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Hotel Alcazar vs. Hotel Dali Plaza
Save

Dali was two blocks from where I was at. I was suppose to stay there but ended up staying at the Holiday Inn and the Hostel Guadalajara. As for the location it's great. Can't tell you anything else about it though.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
113 reviews
71 helpful votes
2. Re: Hotel Alcazar vs. Hotel Dali Plaza
Save

Yoy didn't say what led you to those 2 properties, so I'll offer another suggestion.

We have stayed at the San Francisco Plaza hotel several times. Recently, they installed an elevator which is a nice touch.

We book through hotelclub.com and paid about $35 a night last time, rooms have air conditioning. Breakfast is not included, but there is arestaurant which is reasonably priced.

I personally do not like the location of the Alcazar. There are plenty of places closer to the cathedral and centro and in what I perceive to be better areas. Including the Dali Plaza.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
58 posts
11 reviews
41 helpful votes
3. Re: Hotel Alcazar vs. Hotel Dali Plaza
Save

Thank you both for your replies. sioux4noff, I chose those 2 properties based on location, price, and TripAdvisor reviews. I want to stay in Centro, not pay too much, and the Dali Plaza is rated #21 while the San Francisco Plaza is #44. I will be driving, so I'm also looking for free parking. I usually stay at the Morales, but it's a little higher now than it was in the past, so I'm checking out other options.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
113 reviews
71 helpful votes
4. Re: Hotel Alcazar vs. Hotel Dali Plaza
Save

As far as walking from the hotel, I would not like the Alcazar. Dali Plaza looks OK.

SF Plaza does have free parking, too.

Edited: 8 years ago
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
460 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
5. Re: Hotel Alcazar vs. Hotel Dali Plaza
Save

I've stayed at Hotel Dali Plaza three years in a row. The first time it was called Hotel Internacional and I discovered it by accident on my first trip to GDL. At the time it was super-cheap.

The second time I stayed there it was obviously in the middle of a renovation project. And while the room was nice and all, it was a skeleton crew and was a bit deserted.

The third time I stayed there, the renovation was finished in the downstairs and like four floors or something. I LOVED my room!!!

I give the hotel a BIG thumbs up. I don't think the location can be beat, the rooms are nice, and if you have a good crowd in at the time, the lounge in the lobby is JUST BIG ENOUGH to have some good times and conversations there too.

I've not stayed at the other one. And I didn't stay in a hotel on my last visit to GDL.

WQst

http://youtu.be/zKKl5Rn_EV8

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
58 posts
11 reviews
41 helpful votes
6. Re: Hotel Alcazar vs. Hotel Dali Plaza
Save

Thank you, WQst! As luck would have it, the Hotel Morales (where I usually stay) had a promotional rate available, so I took advantage of that. But I plan on checking out the Hotel Dali Plaza while we're there for future reference.

Thanks again!

7. Re: Hotel Alcazar vs. Hotel Dali Plaza

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2019, 15:25
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
58 posts
11 reviews
41 helpful votes
8. Re: Hotel Alcazar vs. Hotel Dali Plaza
Save

The same thing happened to me: when I started my search, the Hotel Morales was 1200 pesos or so. But I kept checking and checking, and finally got it for 900 pesos, about $64 now. I thought that was pretty good.

Hopefully we won't encounter the excitement you did! Thanks for writing.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
113 reviews
71 helpful votes
9. Re: Hotel Alcazar vs. Hotel Dali Plaza
Save

$64 is above my price range :)

We prefer to keep it under 500 pesos.

10. Re: Hotel Alcazar vs. Hotel Dali Plaza

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2019, 15:25
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.