We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stay in GDL downtown or Tlaquepaque?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
35 posts
24 reviews
63 helpful votes
stay in GDL downtown or Tlaquepaque?
Save

I am 29 and my friend is 30. We are visiting GDL for 4 days before heading off to PV and staying in Mismaloya for another 4 days. We want to have fun at night running around but also would like to visit Tlaquepaque and explore during the days. How far/$ of a cab ride is it from the downtown GDL to Tlaquepaque? Where would people recomend we stay downtown or in this suburb and why?

chicago Ill 60608
1 post
1. Re: stay in GDL downtown or Tlaquepaque?
Save

I would recommed staying at the "FIESTA AMERICANA" at the Minerva circle. You would be close to Plaza del Sol and the downtown area. or 15 minutes by cab or sitio. Tlaquepaque is about 45 minutes from this hotel via Avr. Mariano Otero. No Name rest. has great food. A day trip to Lake Chapala would be great as well. Don,t miss the folk dancing at the Degollado theater. In PV Quecos has the best sea food and night life.

San Pedro...
Level Contributor
89 posts
15 reviews
21 helpful votes
2. Re: stay in GDL downtown or Tlaquepaque?
Save

Tlaquepaque's Old Town is only 3.5 mi from the Guadalajara Downtown area. A taxi ride is about $5-$6 USD.

I'd recommend you stayed in Tlaquepaque as it offers the quaintness of a small Mexican town and everything is within walking distance. Galleries, museums, restaurants, Mariachi music, and unique shopping of high quality arts and crafts is the makeup of the area. It is very safe even late at night.

You have a few nightlife options available right in Tlaquepaque, however, if you're looking for more, you'd have to take a taxi.

Have fun!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
35 posts
24 reviews
63 helpful votes
3. Re: stay in GDL downtown or Tlaquepaque?
Save

thanks for the info!

Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.