We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Guadalajara

Auckland
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
What to do in Guadalajara
Save

Greetings!

A group of us are going to Guadalajara for 5 days in November 2005 and wondered what everyone would recommend for shopping (there are 4 girls in the group!!!!) and entertainment. We are staying at Hotel Carmino Real and wondered if anyone had stayed there and what were your thoughts?

I'm also looking for some great silver jewellery and wondered if there were any recommendations. Is Mexico fixed price or barter?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
1 post
1. Re: What to do in Guadalajara
Save

Hi!

There are so many things you can do in Guadalajara! I'm originally from there but currently living in Sydney, Australia. If you girls want to go shopping, it all depends what exactly you want. If you want the cheapes things.. (like chinatown) you will have to go to Alvaro Obregon Street. But be carefull because is not the most secure place to go, you won't have a problem if you go in the morning. You can also go to the famous "Mercado de San Juan de Dios" they sell everything there, they also have beautifull food and is 100% Mexico. If you are looking for handcraft and mexican products, you'll have to go to "Tonala" or "Tlaquepaque". Those are the best places I recommend for shopping in Guadalajara, it's the cheapest and you'll experience the culture as well. There are also many Malls you can go, but I guess you find malls everywhere in the world. If you want to go to the places I told you, make sure you have someone that speaks spanish with you, you won't find people that speak english at all in this places.

2. Re: What to do in Guadalajara

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2009, 16:22
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.