We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant near Holiday Inn Centro

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,855 posts
98 reviews
255 helpful votes
restaurant near Holiday Inn Centro
Save

We arrive in Guadalajara tonight and will not be at our hotel until around 1030pm. Can anyone recommend a restaurant that will be open late within safe walking distance of the hotel? Thanks so much.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: restaurant near Holiday Inn Centro
Save

Hello JAtlanta. Yes there is a great Mexican restaurant La Chata, two blocks from your hotel. It is on the street Corona Av. almost corner with Juarez av. You may see a line out side.

Other option is Sanborns open 24 hours, also two blocks, it is on 16 September Av.and Juarez Av.

Holiday Inn has a great breakfast buffet¡¡¡ Sersol

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
91 posts
63 reviews
69 helpful votes
2. Re: restaurant near Holiday Inn Centro
Save

Hi JAtlanta,

La Chata, as mentioned is a great and popular Mexican restaurant. You do have a new restaurant right across the street called "Chai" if you are looking for something lighter such as a good sandwich or salad. They also have a great salad bar weekdays for lunch. Good crisp lettuce with lot's of fresh vegetables to top it off. Great prices.

And do have the breakfast at the hotel. It's nice to sit on the second floor balcony and people watch. There are fresh fruit plates, pastries and lot's of other hot items that you can plate yourself. They will also make you a fresh omelette with several ingredients that are there for you to pick out. I believe it's called a continental breakfast, but is so much more!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,855 posts
98 reviews
255 helpful votes
3. Re: restaurant near Holiday Inn Centro
Save

Thanks, we did eat at La Chata and loved it. Great recommendation. In fact, the hotel recommended two more expensive and more touristy restaurants for our other 2 nights, and we thought La Chata was by far our best meal. (Thumbs down to Santos Coyotes on food, thumbs up on atmosphere) We did have a great breakfast at the hotel, and enjoyed happy hour there. The people-watching from the balcony was fantastic.

Frankly, I thought people were nuts raving about a Holiday Inn, but we decided to take it because it was only $85 a night. I loved the hotel! I couldn't believe it was a Holiday Inn. We really had a great trip.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
4. Re: restaurant near Holiday Inn Centro
Save

Hello JAtlanta. I ´m glad to know t6hat you have a good time.

Another good option to eat in Tlaquepaque ia a sea food restaurant EL PROGRESO on the same name street. Is only one block south from El Parian.

If you like a great Italian or steak house, La Matera, Argentinian place, just like in Buenos Aires. Grat food ans wine. Bienvenidos¡¡¡ Sersol

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,855 posts
98 reviews
255 helpful votes
5. Re: restaurant near Holiday Inn Centro
Save

We did go to La Matera at the suggestion of our hotel concierge/bellman. It was OK, but not as good as the places I've been in Buenos Aires. Both of our steaks were at least 1/2 fat, gristly, and both very undercooked. The atmosphere and service were great though. We went on Valentine's evening, and the restaurant was packed, which was probably why the kitchen wasn't firing on all cylinders.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
6. Re: restaurant near Holiday Inn Centro
Save

Que lastima¡¡¡ There is another restaurant la i-latina,

the place has its own character, deserts are great, Tai fusion cosine.

On Chapalita district is La Pasta,a nice Italian restaurant, as well as La Tratoria. un imperdible de Guadalajara. Sersol

7. Re: restaurant near Holiday Inn Centro

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.