We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking the bus to San miguel or PV from Guadalajara

San Diego...
Level Contributor
183 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
Taking the bus to San miguel or PV from Guadalajara
Save

I am taking the nice bus from Puerto Vallarta to Guadalajara in the first week of April and need to know the length and time and time period from PV? I am taking my wife and 3 kids under 7 and under and need to know what I am getting into to.

I am also taking the nice bus from Guadalajara to San Miguel de Allede on second leg of the trip in April and need to know the length and time and time period from Guadalajara? I am taking my wife and 3 kids under 7 and under and need to know what I am getting into to. Please give me the information.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
40 reviews
48 helpful votes
1. Re: Taking the bus to San miguel or PV from Guadalajara
Save

www.primeraplus.com.mx

It's 4:45 hrs from PV to Gdl and 5:45 hrs from Gdl to SMdA.

I have driven from GDL (airport) to my house in the centro here in 3.5 hours.

Nice first class service.

Guess it depends on arr/dep airports.

I might consider renting a car if you have local parking.

www.hotwire.com

M

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
40 reviews
48 helpful votes
2. Re: Taking the bus to San miguel or PV from Guadalajara
Save

Oh, fmr 92122 for 5 years in the '70s.

M

San Diego...
Level Contributor
183 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Taking the bus to San miguel or PV from Guadalajara
Save

Thanks, how long is the downtown area from Bus Depot in Guadalajara, and what is the reasonable and cheapest way to get 6 people transported from depot to the centro way with luggage? What is the cost too?i

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
10,798 posts
130 reviews
162 helpful votes
4. Re: Taking the bus to San miguel or PV from Guadalajara
Save

Good to know that PP has a functioning web site at last!

ETN is another bus company that travels this route. The buses are more commodious than PP's, with individual headphones for the movies. But the onboard catering is no better. Tickets are more expensive, although both companies should offer discounts for the kids.

Both PP and ETN have frequent departures PV-GDL, less frequent GDL-SMA.

I have done the journey PV-SMA in one day with a change of bus and without pre-booking, but wouldn't really recommend it. The buses are comfortable, but it makes for a very long day.

The GDL bus station is way out of town and if IIRC there are no pre-paid coupon taxis, so you would need to negotiate the fare. I can't remember how much exactly but it won't be expensive and I am sure one of the local experts here will chip in with a figure. For 6 people plus baggage you will need 2 cabs.

There is a hotel at the bus station: nothing special but quite OK. It's 6 years since I stayed there, but I had lunch there in transit last year. If you have time, better to head into town though.

5. Re: Taking the bus to San miguel or PV from Guadalajara

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 19:21
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.