We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Guadalajara to Barra de Navidad

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
19 helpful votes
Bus from Guadalajara to Barra de Navidad
Save

We are going to try to take the bus from Guadalajara to Barra de Navidad the frist week of November. Has anybody tried this and how was it?

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
58 reviews
143 helpful votes
1. Re: Bus from Guadalajara to Barra de Navidad
Save

I went GDL to Colima via the bus last winter. I am very sure some go on to Barra but if not they most definitely go to Manzanillo then lots of buses to Barra from there. Hopefully BarraNan will chime in as I believe she has the schedules.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
58 reviews
143 helpful votes
2. Re: Bus from Guadalajara to Barra de Navidad
Save

PS You may want to repost this on the Barra/Manzanillo boards.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: Bus from Guadalajara to Barra de Navidad
Save

Hello Howard.

From Guadalajara you have to take a buss to Manzanillo, then take one to Barra de Navidad. This second buss is kind of second class. It will be better to take a taxi, or even ask the buss driver if he knows someone who can take you. Las t time was the same buss driver who toke us in his own car. Good luck. Sergio

Bruges, Belgium
Level Contributor
39 posts
26 reviews
19 helpful votes
4. Re: Bus from Guadalajara to Barra de Navidad
Save

Hi,

we are doing the same and leave GDL for Barra on November 11th.

We will take the direct ETN bus. Journey about 5 hours.

Book online or in travel agency in GDL.

regards

Paul

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
114 posts
122 reviews
89 helpful votes
5. Re: Bus from Guadalajara to Barra de Navidad
Save

Hello,

I will be taking ether ETN or primer plus direct for thanksgiving this year. It should cost you about 500 peosos return and take about 5 hours.

Winnipeg, Canada
1 post
6. Re: Bus from Guadalajara to Barra de Navidad
Save

How were the bus trips folks were taking around Thanksgiving / November? I am interested to know how the reality matches up to the websites. We are going to Barra de Navidad in June and want to stop by Guadalajara first.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
58 reviews
143 helpful votes
7. Re: Bus from Guadalajara to Barra de Navidad
Save

today Save

How were the bus trips folks were taking around Thanksgiving / November? I am interested to know how the reality matches up to the websites. We are going to Barra de Navidad in June and want to stop by Guadalajara first.

We did the year before & it's a piece of cake. Best way to go.

8. Re: Bus from Guadalajara to Barra de Navidad

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 09:16
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.