We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus stations?

BC
2 posts
Bus stations?
Save

I understand that there are 2 bus stations in Guadalajara. I will be arriving on the bus from Puerta Vallarta and want to do some bus travelling to Lake Chapala and area. What are the addresses of the stations and what destinations are served from each station? Thanks. Willie

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: Bus stations?
Save

Hello Willie. If you are coming from P,V, the buss will stop in a terminal that is a bit out side Guadalajara. This is a small buss station only for ETN and other line busses from Pacific cost. This station is NOT THE MAINE STATION witch is actually in the other side of the city, about 40 mnts.THe secon buss station is refer as THE OLD ONE- LA VIEJA ESTACION DE AUTOBUSES, wich is very close to down town. This is only for interstate destination, so Ajijic and Chapala busses will depart from there. Be shure to get first class and straigth- DIRECTO.

I hope this help you. Sergio

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
14,688 posts
2. Re: Bus stations?
Save

We're just tourists in Guadalajara, but we have travelled several times by bus from Puerto Vallarta (ETN) and the main station is in Tlaquepaque (close to Lake Chapala).

For your purposes, Tlaquepaque is perfect. Do nothing. YOu're fine. Where they take you is just where you want to go.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: Bus stations?
Save

I must say that there is not buss to Chapala departing from the main NUEVA ESTACION DE AUTOBUSES that is close to Tlaquepaque. You have to go to the old one, that is in down town.

Now, depends of the time that your buss leave P.V. the station that will arrive. Could be the small terminal in Periferico and Vallarta Av or the main station. I guess both will be o.k. since you have to move to the OLD STATION -VIEJA STATION to go to Chapala.

If your buss arrives at NUEVA ESTACION then will be fun to make and stop on Tlaquepaque as Libby's suggest. But if your buss stop at the small terminal at Vallarta Av and periferico, then your best option is to go down town Guadalajara, spend some time, then go to the VIEJA ESTACION witch is very close. Have fun. Sergio

BC
2 posts
4. Re: Bus stations?
Save

Muchas gracias por su ayuda. You have not only helped me but many others.

I'm hoping to be in the area in August. Maybe we will run into each other there. Thanks.

Willie

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
40 reviews
48 helpful votes
5. Re: Bus stations?
Save

You might want to look on www.hotwire.com as some of the "major" auto renters in large(er) cities not infrequently offer some serious bargains.

M

6. Re: Bus stations?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 23:20
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.