We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Etn bus from pv to guadalajara

OHIO
Level Contributor
68 posts
Etn bus from pv to guadalajara
Save

How long does the bus trip take and how much does it cost?

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
288 posts
6 reviews
23 helpful votes
1. Re: Etn bus from pv to guadalajara
Save

You can find time tables and prices at http://etn.com.mx/ Ride is about 5 hours and costs 400.00 pesos.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
58 reviews
143 helpful votes
2. Re: Etn bus from pv to guadalajara
Save

Also check out ALMA Airline as they run specials of about 1,000 pesos (about $90 US)for the 40 minute flight.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
14,688 posts
3. Re: Etn bus from pv to guadalajara
Save

Re: the Bus. If you just want to go downtown (El Centro) and not to Tlaquepaque you can get off in Zapopan and get back on there if you're coming back. It cuts an hour off the trip each way. You can still put your luggage underneath.

Alma's good too.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
39 reviews
262 helpful votes
4. Re: Etn bus from pv to guadalajara
Save

We took bus from PV to GDL spent 4 days and flew home from there. We checked flights, but they cost more and did not save a lot of time. Plus we saw a lot of Mexico from the ground.

Visit to GDL very worth it.

chicago
Level Contributor
224 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
5. Re: Etn bus from pv to guadalajara
Save

to go downtown (el centro) and get off in Zapopan how long to downtown and best guess on cab fare to centro. thanks

walnut creek
Level Contributor
451 posts
16 reviews
14 helpful votes
6. Re: Etn bus from pv to guadalajara
Save

It's a pretty trip from PV to Guadalajara. You get a great view from the bus. ETN is like flying first class in an airplane. We were very impressed with it!

Walnut Creek...
Level Contributor
599 posts
364 reviews
729 helpful votes
7. Re: Etn bus from pv to guadalajara
Save

We just took the trip as well. I wish we had taken the advice to get on at Zapopan. That is good advice. Before the bus left the Camionera Nueva, which is between Tlaquepaque and Tonala, the ETN hostess told us that the trip (as advertised on their website) would take 5 hours "more or less depending on traffic conditions and the weather". Well, the traffic conditions and the weather were about as good as one could hope for (we took the 10:30 AM bus), but the trip took a whole 6 hours. It is a pretty trip through the agave fields and mountains, though, going into the tropical vegetation near the coast.

The TV screens weren't visible from all seats, but they played two American movies (one was Ocean's Thirteen), in English with Spanish subtitles. You get a thin sandwich and a soda when you board. If you're pressed for time, the plane is a good alternative.

When we got to the bus station in Guadalajara, a taxi driver asked us if we wanted to hire him to take us to PV. I had already paid for our ETN ticket, so it was a moot point, but I must admit the thought hadn't occurred to me. It probably would have been quicker (but not as comfortable) than the bus. Does anyone have any idea what a taxi driver would have charged to take us to PV?

walnut creek
Level Contributor
451 posts
16 reviews
14 helpful votes
8. Re: Etn bus from pv to guadalajara
Save

I know in PV you can negotiate a cab for $15-20 per hour, so for 5 hours this would be $100. What I don't know is if they would want extra because they would have to return empty. I doubt that it would be double though, since $100 is an awfully good fare there.

Also don't know if they have any problem when they go out of their normal "zone". The way many taxi cab drivers drive there, I think the bus is a lot safer and more comfortable and you see the scenery much better!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
14,688 posts
9. Re: Etn bus from pv to guadalajara
Save

When we took a taxi back to Zapopan we were going to Vallarta Plus (a bus line), so at first he thought we wanted to go all the way to Puerto Vallarta. I asked him, out of interest how much that would be and he said $240 US or 2400 pesos.

When we drove last March the tolls alone on the autopista were 289 pesos one way (close to $30). My husband and I figure that when two of us drive in our own car the cost is about the same as the bus for 2 of us.

10. Re: Etn bus from pv to guadalajara

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.