We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quiet hotel in historic area

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
100 reviews
83 helpful votes
quiet hotel in historic area
Save

Unfortunately I am a very light sleeper. I always travel with ear plugs but sometimes they are not enuf. I have made many trips to Mexico and have usually "eventually" found a quiet hotel, eg: hotel cathedral in mexico city.

I will be spending a week in Guadalajara. I have read reviews/forums on many hotels and my short list is the following:

- hotel moreles

- hotel cervantes

- la rotonda

- hotel mendoza

By reviewing the info provided on this site and looking at the map, there appears to be nightclubs/discos near most of these places.

At the age of 57, nightclubs are not my thing to visit nor to hear.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

note: I have also asked tripadvisor to add "noise level" to their review rating item list

Best value hotels in Guadalajara
Villa Ganz Hotel Boutique
Villa Ganz Hotel Boutique
#2 of 155 hotels in Guadalajara
Real Maestranza Hotel
Real Maestranza Hotel
#1 of 155 hotels in Guadalajara
Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
58 reviews
143 helpful votes
1. Re: quiet hotel in historic area
Save

I never heard any noise to speak of at The Mendoza.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
10,793 posts
130 reviews
162 helpful votes
2. Re: quiet hotel in historic area
Save

I stayed at the Morales this summer over a weekend. Our room overlooked the outside and was still very quiet. My companion is a light sleeper and was very happy. The hotel has recently been renovated and is excellent value.

3. Re: quiet hotel in historic area

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 18:26
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.