We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rios Caliente

Bay Area California
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
Rios Caliente
Save

Has anyone been to this spa? Can you tell me what room/ area would be the best and any other tips? We are two women in our fifties from Berkeley who are friendly but plan on going to regenerate after care giving three people who died so we also want quiet...any tips on day trips? We'll be there for two weeks..thanks for your help...

Chicago
1 post
1. Re: Rios Caliente
Save

It's a wonderful place. Poolside is great if you want to use the pool at night; up the hill is great because it's near meals ...

they offer many day trips and will tell you about them ... all are great!

Janet

Chicago

Maryland
Level Contributor
89 posts
41 reviews
67 helpful votes
2. Re: Rios Caliente
Save

I love Rio Caliente. I am a woman in my 50's and traveled there alone last year. I also went for quiet, rest and rejuvenation and got all of that and then some. It's very low key and very Mexican, which would not appeal to everyone (compared, say, to Rancho la Puerto which I visited the year before -- very upscale and geared toward American travelers). The food was delicious and the staff was great. I had never traveled alone before and was quite comfortable. There were a lot of women in their 40's through 60's there, including many from Canada. At one point there were jokes about the black tank suits we were all wearing ("very slimming").

There are day trips into town for shopping twice a week. There's not much going on at the spa besides morning hikes, daily yoga and water aerobics. I needed rest and I found this to be just the right amount of activity. I did arrange for a horseback ride and would highly recommend it. I brought my journals and was really glad to have some time for quiet inspiration.

I am planning to return this spring and will bring my 17-year old daughter as her graduation gift. Even though she's pretty active, I think she'll find enough to keep her busy. This time I'm requesting a room down by the pools, hopefully on the river. They're larger and spaced farther apart than the rooms on top of the hill. I was in a small room on top of the hill last year, but it didn't really matter because I spent very little time there.

I hope you enjoy yourselves.

3. Re: Rios Caliente

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 17:19
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.