We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Local Tour Guide

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
3,353 posts
110 reviews
123 helpful votes
Great Local Tour Guide
Save

Our best part of our trip was finding Adrian and Deborah for a food tour on Friday night via airbnb. This was such a great experience at such a low price. Wife and I got lucky and got a private tour. Such a nice family that grew up here and knows everyone. Had a great tequila / mezcal tasting and lesson at their lovely house. Adrian tried to have us drink more but we wanted to save ourselves for the food. Adrian actually asked if we wanted to do the tour with just him or with his family. Obviously we chose his family as they are so fun to be with. Unfortunately the first stop was so good we really stuffed ourselves with an entire torta ahogadas each. Then it was off for tacos. After 3 tacos the jet lag kicked in as we arrived that day on an overnight flight. They really wanted to take us to more places but we had full bellies and were very tired from our trip so they dropped us off at our condo.

We had the entire day on Sunday open as our flight was not until 10:30 pm so I sent a message to Adrian Saturday night to see if he and hopefully his family were available to take us to lunch and shopping at the Mercado San Juan de Dios. So glad that they were able to take us as the market is so huge, we would have been just lost all day. We started with a little shopping and then went to the second floor for lunch. Adrian set us up at a counter that allowed us to have some of that vendor’s food along with food from another vendor as they did not have carne en su jugo. Food was excellent and cheap, now the wife was ready to return to shopping. After about 2 ½ hours total we were done but the wife was ready for ice cream. Adrian told us to skip the market for ice cream as he had another spot to drive us to that did not disappoint. When they dropped us off at our condo and I asked how much did I owe them, they responded with an amount that was too low. I paid them what I though was a fair price which they were very happy with.

If you need any kind of tour, you can make up your own, send Adrian an email at “pedro.apdt@gmail.com”. He was born and raised in Guadalajara and willing to take you to other places such as Tlaquepaque or Tonalá. He drives a newer SUV with great AC and did not drive crazy like the Uber we took back to the airport. Adrian is listed on airbnb https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/197112055 but it is best to book with him directly with his email “pedro.apdt@gmail.com”. He is also very knowledgeable about lucha libre (Mexican wrestling) and can give you history and take you to an event. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2284057828272680&id=100000054554681&sfnsn=scwspwa

2 replies to this topic
Leon, Guanajuato...
1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Great Local Tour Guide
Save

Glad to see this post about Adrian and Deborah on Trip Advisor. I agree with everything Craig said. I met Adrian through an Airbnb Wrestling experience, for my birthday in Feb 2019. While I am not a tequila drinker, I did sample a few and really enjoyed the tacos, Deborah fixed us. Adrian is an avid Lucha Libre fan, so it was nice hearing about the history of many great wrestlers. The coliseum was an experience like nothing I had experienced and with Adrian's connections, we had great seats and even took pictures with some of the wrestlers afterwards. We ended up at a small nearby bar, with a ton of wrestling history on the walls.

Not only did I enjoy the experience, but I felt as if I had made good friends in Adrian and Deborah. On a whim, I decided to reach out to him and see if he was available for lunch during his next work day and he took me to Miguel's Tortas, where I was able to try my first torta ahogada.

When I returned to Guadalajara in Feb of 2020, I reached out to Adrian and was able to join another group to once again do the same wrestling experience. A few days later, Adrian took me and a friend of mine to a smaller local wrestling arena, to experience a more intense type of wrestling.

I can't wait to return to Guadalajara, to see my friend and his family.

Moises from Columbus, Ohio

Leon, Mexico
1 post
2. Re: Great Local Tour Guide
Save

Deborah and Adrian are really nice people. It loos like their calling is to help the others. We met in Los Cabos and followed them in Guadalajara. They will go out of their way to help you and answer any questions. Before going to Puerto Vallarta they sent us a list of places to go, things to do and where to stay. The best guide ever. Colomos Forest and Chapalita Tour in Guadalajara will not have been the same without them. We felt home and I can say that Deborah and Adrian are our friends now. Love you guys. Thx

Reply to: Great Local Tour Guide
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.