We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

antique stores in GDL?

Pasadena, CA
7 posts
antique stores in GDL?
Save

I'll have one day in GDL and enjoy shopping for antiques. Does anyone have a list of, say, four or five antique shops in the city? There was one I visited several years that fronted on a street but opened up in back into a mall-- but I don't remember where it is. Also, someone told me there's another shop in a home on the road to Zapopan? Thanks!

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: antique stores in GDL?
Save

Hello MarkyMark. There are many kind of antiques shops. Some carry only nice wood furniture, other has religious art, and other are more like a bazaar. Also there are quality stores and others that are kind of a old stuff.

On Av Mexico, between Americas and Chapultepec Av (range 4 blocks) are like 14 stores. On Av Union corner Gonzalez Luna are one of the best for wood furniture- Bazaar Union-

Also Tlaquepaque has some interesting galleries and stores.

On Av Vallarta and Colonias is one of the best qualities bazaars in GDL.

My wife is an interior decorator and I love antiques, especially wood furniture.

Best regards, Sergio

Pasadena, CA
7 posts
2. Re: antique stores in GDL?
Save

Thanks so much. My twin passions are Mexican colonial pieces (furniture, armarios, sculpture, painting, etc) and antique and vintage craft and pottery (early Tonala, Sayula, up to Medrano, Wilmot and Bernabe). I wish I could remember the place just off the road to Zapopan-- it was in a private home and had amazing things for sale...

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: antique stores in GDL?
Save

Hello MarkyMarc.

I think the place that you mention is on Av Americas, one street before Hotel Plaza Country, and just 2 blocks after Plaza Patria, heading Zapopan. Actually is a big place where they have weddings and big social events.I´m not sure if they still sale antiques.

The owner is Mrs. Monica Baeza and she is also the owner of the hotel Hacienda El Carmen- spa (see it on trip advisor) You can send an e- mail, and they will give you the address and name.

I´m 99% sure, this is the place that you mention. Suerte¡¡ Sergio

Pasadena, CA
7 posts
4. Re: antique stores in GDL?
Save

Hello Sergio--

I spent an hour looking through my files and found the card for the shop. It's run by Manuel Tapia and is on Av. Experiencia in Atemajac Del Valle, between GDL and Zapopan! Do you know of it?

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
5. Re: antique stores in GDL?
Save

Hello MArkyMArc. No I dont know him. ¿Could you send me his phone and address? I will like ti visit hime. saludos. Sergio.

6. Re: antique stores in GDL?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 14:19
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.