We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time to Guadalajara

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
99 reviews
95 helpful votes
1st time to Guadalajara
Save

Staying for 2 nights can you tell me which is a more convenient area to stay. Grand Fiesta Americana Guadalajara Country Club or Hyatt Regency Andares Guadalajara. I’m considering both these hotels due to the fact that they offer on site Covid antigen testing.

Hoping to have close/easy access to city center, sites and restaurants. Thanks in advance.

4 replies to this topic
Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: 1st time to Guadalajara
Save

Happy to help!

The ANDARES area is much more high-end with the best mall in the city right beside it.

The COUNTRY CLUB area is more residential but is also very close to PROVIDENCIA, an area full of restaurants and life.

Both are very good options.

I would be happy to help remotely with any recommendations you might need during your trip. Just ping me.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
99 reviews
95 helpful votes
2. Re: 1st time to Guadalajara
Save

Eduardo, thanks so much for the feedback and the offer. I ended up deciding on the Riu - I think the area also good.

We are planning on renting bikes for the day and riding to some of the historical sites as well as doing a lot of eating.., I just may take you up on your offer for ideas 😊. Excited to visit a new part of Mexico.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: 1st time to Guadalajara
Save

You will find so many good things to eat around. Enjoy and have fun.

Beware of cars while driving your bikes as drivers are not very... lets say "careful" about riders.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: 1st time to Guadalajara
Save

Hello!

I hope your trip went well if you've completed it. If so, would you please advise on the bike rental option?

did you end up doing that? if so, how was it or what recommendations do you have. Possibly visiting soon as well.

Reply to: 1st time to Guadalajara
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.