We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone visiting Guadalajara Soon?

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
6 helpful votes
Anyone visiting Guadalajara Soon?
Save

Hey is anybody planning to visit Guadalajara from outside of Mexico any time soon? I would like to help you out to enjoy our city the best way possible during these strange times, in order to foment the tourism to our city.

41 replies to this topic
Guadalajara, Mexico
Destination Expert
for San Luis Potosi, Zacatecas
Level Contributor
5,965 posts
1. Re: Anyone visiting Guadalajara Soon?
Save

It is a pandemic Diego. We should discourage tourism. Jeez.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
66 posts
13 reviews
6 helpful votes
2. Re: Anyone visiting Guadalajara Soon?
Save

Hello,

What is the main bus terminal in Guadalajara to get to Aguascalientes? Omnibus De Mexico I think is the best service option?

I want to take an Uber from the airport to catch the first available bus.

Thanks

New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
18 reviews
40 helpful votes
3. Re: Anyone visiting Guadalajara Soon?
Save

DiegoXX: we'd like to support you and your city. What exactly do you do?

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
8 posts
74 reviews
52 helpful votes
4. Re: Anyone visiting Guadalajara Soon?
Save

You want to go to Nueva Central Camionera (in Tonalá). The best buses are from ETN. You can look up online the timetables and purchase tickets online. Be careful, follow all the sanitary regulations and always wear a mask.

Zapopan, Mexico
1 post
1 review
5. Re: Anyone visiting Guadalajara Soon?
Save

Diego,

I am planning to travel with my family next week, Dec 24-28. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Carolina

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
41 posts
6. Re: Anyone visiting Guadalajara Soon?
Save

Is anyone in Guadalajara right now or has anyone been recently? Just want to know if the museums, churches, and other tourist attractions are open. Also, how's the safety?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
17 reviews
18 helpful votes
7. Re: Anyone visiting Guadalajara Soon?
Save

I'll be in Guadalajara from Dec 26 - 28. I'm not sure what is open / closed but I can report back after I get there.

On the 28th I will fly to Puerto Vallarta.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
41 posts
8. Re: Anyone visiting Guadalajara Soon?
Save

OK. Be careful. The former governor of Jalisco was recently assassinated at a restaurant.

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
259 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Anyone visiting Guadalajara Soon?
Save

I'm arriving in Guadalajara tomorrow. Let me know if you want me to check specific openings. If not I'll just paint a general impression on openings.

drftr

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
17 reviews
18 helpful votes
10. Re: Anyone visiting Guadalajara Soon?
Save

It sounds like things will change on the 25th again when the new lockdown starts. If you could me a list of good take out restaurants that may help :)

I'm in Cancun right now and trying to decide if I should skip Guadalajara and go straight to Puerto Vallarta instead. It would be nice just to see some of the architecture in town and try some food - even if it is take out - but I am less sure now what the "correct" thing to do is.

Reply to: Anyone visiting Guadalajara Soon?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.