We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ajijic

vancouver
3 posts
1 review
Ajijic
Save

We will be staying in Ajijic at the Villa del Angel. Has someone out there stayed there and could give us some info. Also will we be able to get a taxi at 6 am from Gualdalajara to Ajijic. We will take the bus on Dec 6 from there to PV. We are looking to find a place around Lake Chapala for long term rental to see if we would like it there.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: Ajijic
Save

Hello Babra.

I know Ajijic, but never been in Villa del Angel. Looks very interesting and beautiful.

But, if you rather a place very tranquil, an old Mexican Hacienda,(Hacienda Ajijic) with a pool, only 7 large rooms, usually there are only 1 or 2 rooms occupied. The rooms are around 80 us with tax and breakfast. I have some photos.

The place is only 3 blocks from main plaza.

The owners doesn’t advertise the place, because they want to sale it. They do live in another property B&B.

My wife and I use to go often because we love the tranquillity and beauty of this place.

Here is the e- mail of the owner Kent: Los Artistas B&B, artistas@laguna.com.mx

You may mention that Sergio Soltero from Guadalajara refer you.

vancouver
3 posts
1 review
2. Re: Ajijic
Save

Thx so much for the info about B&B's in Ajijic. I have fallen in lv with the villa del angel and we will be staying there. Could you tell me how much I have to calculate for a taxi from the Airport to Ajijic? Also we are taking the bus from Guadalajara to Puerto vallarta. Do I have to book in advance or do we just go to the station?

mexico
4 posts
3. Re: Ajijic
Save

The Villa del Angel is a very pretty place but beware that it is a long uphill climb from the centre of the village..at least 20 min. depending on how fast you walk. The B&B itself is built into a hill between two streets so the ability to scamper up & down stairs is a must.

As for bus tickets most travel agencies here in town issue them. Taxi's are plentiful from the airport any time..be sure to have VERY clear directions in Spanish to your B&B in Ajijic, most airport cab drivers do not know Ajijic well. Last Friday a driver with some newly arrived, tired passengers was driving around trying to find Villa del Angel.., I was on my way to pick up a friend in the same area so I led him to the door, otherwise he might still be driving around in circles!

Enjoy your visit to Ajijic..its a wonderful place.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
4. Re: Ajijic
Save

Hello Babra. The cost of the Taxi will be 280 pesos (1us=10.65) Taxis run 24 hrs.You must by the taxi ticket before go out the airport.

Is better to buy in advance the ticket to P.V. is summer time, we Mexicans travel like crazies, especially to the beach. Enjoy your trip.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
5. Re: Ajijic
Save

A correction to my previous. Post says (You must by the taxi ticket before go out the airport.) Must say- You must BUY the ticket before….)

Marblehead...
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
4 helpful votes
6. Re: Ajijic
Save

I love Ajijic!! Make sure you go to Ajijic Grill. Amazing dinners and reasonable prices!

Enjoy your trip, you will realize why so many Gringos make it their winter home.

7. Re: Ajijic

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 12:27
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.