We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Solo Trip To Guadalajara, Mexico

Henderson, Nevada
4 posts
First Solo Trip To Guadalajara, Mexico
Save

Hello everyone! I will be taking my first solo trip and it will be to the beautiful Guadalajara Jalisco, MX. I was going to go the week of my Birthday (Dec 26-31st) But tickets were just way too expensive and out of my budget. So now I will be going from Jan 23-28th; exactly a month after my Birthday *tears* But at least I'm starting the new year right.The questions I have for you all are:

1) What are some recommendations on activities, are there any holidays during Jan to where I can celebrate, and must try food places/dishes, etc.

2) I am a huge fashion and jewelry fanatic, do you know of any nice handcrafted jewelry stores and places to shop as a curvy girl from the US?

3)Any tips to provide me as a female solo traveler from the US?

4) I welcome other solo female travelers to come along, would you join me?

Guadalajara, Mexico
Destination Expert
for San Luis Potosi, Zacatecas
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
1. Re: First Solo Trip To Guadalajara, Mexico
Save

Hi Bridget, January is a slow month but there are a wide realm of great activities in Guadalajara and also lots of international people you can meet.

There are lots of jewelry makers and vendors. If you read back on the forum many of people sell around Plaza del Expiatorio on Saturday and Sunday nights. Fashion and size-wise best to consult personally and to have a budget line in mind. I highly reco Leda Isabel Garcia as a fashion week NYC and MX person but who is also sensitive to budget needs.. MX fashionstas do not consider budget.

https://www.facebook.com/ledaisabel.garcia

2. Re: First Solo Trip To Guadalajara, Mexico

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2020, 13:41
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.