We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico coastal drive/excursions

Chicago
5 posts
Mexico coastal drive/excursions
Save

Me and my girlfriend have just booked a trip. We are flying into GDL and planning on finding a home base along the coast, and taking day trips. We leave in the heart of spring break (3/23-30). We would like to avoid the crazy spring breakers and just hit some towns for the day and so forth. Where should we stay for a home base where it's ideal to take about 4 day trips? A friend of mine suggested a cheap quit town called Rincon de Guayabitos. I'd truly love to hear advice from you. Thanks.

Whittier, California
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
10 reviews
25 helpful votes
1. Re: Mexico coastal drive/excursions
Save

Traveler,

Last week I read an article about a new place called Chacala (which they called the AntiCancun) located 60 miles north of Puerto Vallarta in the state of Nayarit. I guess a nice place to avoid the spingbreakers (and my next destination in my long list).

Check these two links:

http://tinyurl.com/2py2vr

travel.latimes.com/search?query=chacala&type=travel

M

2. Re: Mexico coastal drive/excursions

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 09:18
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.