We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upcoming Travel Plans

Boston...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
5 helpful votes
Upcoming Travel Plans
Save

For the people that made plans to visit Curaçao in the upcoming weeks or are thinking about booking a trip, how has the situation with the Delta variant affected you plans? Do you still plan on traveling or have you canceled or postponed your trip?

I am supposed to arrive on September 12th, but my girlfriend is immunocompromised so we will likely cancel.

7 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
178 posts
71 reviews
36 helpful votes
1. Re: Upcoming Travel Plans
Save

We are arriving 9/4 and still plan on going. Both my husband and I are fully vaccinated. If we weren’t, I would not be going. I also work in healthcare, therefore when we do any kind of travel we wear fitted N-95’s and eye protection to get to/from the destination. Same Covid protocols practiced at home will be done while there- social distancing, masks, no bars or eating at indoor restaurants and we will do our best to avoid crowds. Curacaos cases (to me) are relatively low compared to many and their vaccination rate higher than many. That doesn’t mean their healthcare system doesn’t feel the burden of an influx of cases but I am not familiar with their healthcare system on that level to comment. I also think their rigorous testing protocols help their situation and keep cases manageable. Whether anyone travels or not depends on many factors most of which are personal to their specific situation. I think everyone has their opinions, but I do believe travel can be done safely taking the proper precautions. If I were personally immunocompromised I would discuss travel with the physician who is treating me and follow their advice. This may be more than what you were asking about, but hopefully it was helpful!

Boston...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
5 helpful votes
2. Re: Upcoming Travel Plans
Save

Thank you Christina! I agree with all the points you made. We would be outdoors most of the time at the resort and the number of cases in Curaçao seems relatively low to me.

I’m definitely not worried about our time in Curaçao, but during travel to and from there is some risk. I personally would like to go, but my girlfriend is understandably a little apprehensive.

Orangeburg, South...
Level Contributor
335 posts
6 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: Upcoming Travel Plans
Save

We are arriving Sunday. My only concern is the plane. Will either wear a n95 or kn95 mask on plane. I am worried a little about the domestic flight from Charleston SC to Miami. Hence, I went online and checked what seats were available. Paid just a little extra to get better seats that, at the time, had no neighbors. When we get to Curacao, we will feel safe as we stay out west in a freestanding condo and eat at all outdoor places anyway.

It HAS been a tough decision though.

Level Contributor
178 posts
71 reviews
36 helpful votes
4. Re: Upcoming Travel Plans
Save

Totally understandable. I won’t travel via plane without an N-95 and eye protection. More than the planes, the airports eek me out. If you decide to go, buy some N-95’s (just not on Amazon), make sure they fit very snug/seal well and get some eye protection (you can find those on Amazon). The eye protection is an extra safety step but I wear them and no one has given me a side eye. You can also use a face shield but I find them very bulky. Keep the mask on for the duration of travel or as much as humanly possible. Also, wipe down your seating area on the plane- I started this practice well before Covid because we all know those planes have never been super clean! Best of luck to you guys as you decide. It’s a difficult decision and balancing safety, health and the anxiety is a lot.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
5 helpful votes
5. Re: Upcoming Travel Plans
Save

The airport and flights are a little worrisome. The resort itself should be fine.

Maine
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
31 helpful votes
6. Re: Upcoming Travel Plans
Save

Christina K, Where did you purchase your N-95 masks?

Level Contributor
178 posts
71 reviews
36 helpful votes
7. Re: Upcoming Travel Plans
Save

My latest purchase was from stauffersafety.com as they had the masks I was fit tested for at work. I got 20 for $20 which was the lowest they’ve been in many months. Not sure what the costs are now. I’ve previously purchased from other sites that supply masks for construction type work be the healthcare sector. I do believe that Home Depot and Lowe’s stores also carry a variety of N-95’s. You just want to make sure they are adjusted to seal and fit properly. I’d suggest fitting yourself before the day of your flight to get a handle on how it feels.

Reply to: Upcoming Travel Plans
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Curacao
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.