We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Covid status of USA

Orangeburg, South...
Level Contributor
334 posts
6 reviews
5 helpful votes
New Covid status of USA
Save

This is not a question, but is just for information. Found out last night that the US is now on the very high risk category for entering Curacao. So now a PCR is required. No last minute antigen as a choice. Was glad to know as we arrive Sunday and I had time to change my testing plans.

6 replies to this topic
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
173 posts
71 reviews
35 helpful votes
1. Re: New Covid status of USA
Save

I just saw this as well. We have PCR tests scheduled but was going to do an antigen at the last minute if they didn’t come back in time. I have no idea what to do now if they don’t come back. Since they don’t take rapid PCR this could be problematic. Can someone tell me specifically what test and where they took that has been accepted? We were going to use CVS. For other trips we did a rapid molecular PCR- but that seems to be a no go here.

Greenville, North...
Level Contributor
180 posts
131 reviews
57 helpful votes
2. Re: New Covid status of USA
Save

I am currently in line at our local hospital testing center. They give results in 24 hours. Check you hospital they may have a quicker turn around

PSM

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
173 posts
71 reviews
35 helpful votes
3. Re: New Covid status of USA
Save

Good idea, thank you!

Orangeburg, South...
Level Contributor
334 posts
6 reviews
5 helpful votes
4. Re: New Covid status of USA
Save

We are hoping ours will be back from cvs in time. My husband had one a while back and it was quick. I'm with you, I was thinking if all else failed, we could do one in the Miami Airport, but not now.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
173 posts
71 reviews
35 helpful votes
5. Re: New Covid status of USA
Save

I emailed a few questions about alternate testing and received this response for anyone wondering.

From 27 of August USA will be considered as a "very high risk country"

Regretfully no other test is accepted if it's not the PCR test 72 hours before the flight.

The PCR test must be deep pharyngeal nose and throat PCR tests are accepted. Covid tests such as Gargle and pooling samples, Saliva and blood tests will not be accepted.

The rapid RT-PCR and The Abbott ID test are also not accepted!

We advice to continue to look for travel information to Curacao , because country risk classifications are updated every 2/3 weeks.

https://gobiernu.cw/corona-travel-to-curacao/

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
173 posts
71 reviews
35 helpful votes
6. Re: New Covid status of USA
Save

PSM- Thank you for the suggestion of contacting the hospital. Thankfully PennState Health has a Covid travel clinic. Results in less than 48 hours which was helpful. I wouldn’t have looked had it not been for your suggestion.

Reply to: New Covid status of USA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Curacao
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.