We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the coffee at Starfish Cuatro Palmas?

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
470 posts
143 reviews
How is the coffee at Starfish Cuatro Palmas?

Hi guys just wondering if Starfish Cuatro Palamas has good coffee? Every resort I've been to in Varadero had great coffee, made the right way, really looked forward to that.. Or is it just coffee from a coffee maker? Sounds silly but its something that we enjoy in Cuba is their awesome coffee!

11 replies to this topic
Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
13,729 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: How is the coffee at Starfish Cuatro Palmas?

Most coffee lovers skip the machine stuff in the buffets and find the 24 hour bars where that honking-big espresso machines runs 24/7 pumping out sweet elixir. Or just plain Cafe American.

I'd be surprised if StarfishCP didn't have one. The bar across the street has one.

Someone else will know if they use Serrano, my favourite. Yum!

Have a great trip. We've been looking at that resort ever since wandering through it a couple of years ago before it changed to Adult Only.

montreal
Level Contributor
12,101 posts
123 reviews
2. Re: How is the coffee at Starfish Cuatro Palmas?

Yes Cuba he great coffee if you get it from the bars as long it does not come from the buffet you will get a nice coffee .

Buffet I don,t know what they serve but that is the worst coffee I ever had Yukkkk just awful ..

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,644 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: How is the coffee at Starfish Cuatro Palmas?

I always take my coffee at the bar at resorts great espresso coffee like Italy, never from the big machines at the buffet area its bad.

St Thomas
Level Contributor
310 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: How is the coffee at Starfish Cuatro Palmas?

Been there many times , the coffee at the buffet and ala cartes is poor . There is coffee at the 24 hour bar which is better but just so so. There is a really nice little coffee bar a couple of blocks down 1st Ave. with really good coffee where we go every morning . I'm not a coffee drinker but my wife complained about coffee at the Cuatro Palmas.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
13,729 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: How is the coffee at Starfish Cuatro Palmas?

Is there an espresso machine at the 24hr bar, Berryp? Does your wife drink espresso?

St Thomas
Level Contributor
310 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: How is the coffee at Starfish Cuatro Palmas?

Yes there is an espresso machine at the 24 hour bar just off the main lobby .

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
906 posts
29 reviews
7. Re: How is the coffee at Starfish Cuatro Palmas?

I agree with everyone. The buffet coffee, tasted like nothing. The bar coffee was much better, but still could have been a bit stronger tasting.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
1 review
8. Re: How is the coffee at Starfish Cuatro Palmas?

I was at SCP 2 years ago...it was better if you told them to make it "strong"!

Edited: 20 November 2018, 07:04
Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
1 review
9. Re: How is the coffee at Starfish Cuatro Palmas?

At most resort bars the bartenders get a little slack during busy times and don't pack the cup with enough grounds and don't tamp it down properly.....the result is a weak espresso.

montreal
Level Contributor
12,101 posts
123 reviews
10. Re: How is the coffee at Starfish Cuatro Palmas?

HC Cuba has good espresso but as good as you get in Italy.

Italy is another World when it comes to Espresso Coffee anyway for places I had my coffee in Italy best i ever had along with a nice glass of Grapa ...

Reply to: How is the coffee at Starfish Cuatro Palmas?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted