We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melisa International Varadero

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
185 reviews
Melisa International Varadero

Hi, really like the look of the Melia International hotel Varadero. We’re looking at accommodation for next July and that hotel is an option. Does anyone know if it’s on target to open in December? Would like to see reviews before we book to check it’s worth the price.

9 replies to this topic
montreal
Level Contributor
12,095 posts
123 reviews
1. Re: Melisa International Varadero

No it's not opening in December .

In Cuba you never reserve a hotel before it's finished that is what i do lots of people had bad experiences with other resorts who did not open in time in Varadero and it will be the same with this one also .

Atlantic Canada
Level Contributor
460 posts
43 reviews
2. Re: Melisa International Varadero

We will be checking it out first hand in 10 days.

We are staying at the Be Live right next door and the contractors from France are staying at our hotel.

Last time we stayed the contractors said there was a major set back when the hurricane trashed all their scaffolding.

Edited: 19 November 2018, 01:57
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
185 reviews
3. Re: Melisa International Varadero

Typo... Melia International Varadero.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
185 reviews
4. Re: Melisa International Varadero

Thanks, that’s what I thought.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
185 reviews
5. Re: Melisa International Varadero

Will be interesting to see how near to finishing it is then.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
146 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: Melisa International Varadero

The new opening date is for February 2019.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Melisa International Varadero

I agree Karen it does look like it could be a great hotel. I checked with the hotel and they said it would be open from feb with the adults only section from April. Ernestothesecond if you could give us an update or pics when you stay next door that would be great. Karen just a heads up I looked at pricing this up separately vs Thomas’s cook for example and it was significantly cheaper. Meliá also have a Black Friday sale on now and is slightly cheaper again.

Edited: 21 November 2018, 05:34
London, Canada
Level Contributor
6,224 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Melisa International Varadero

If only certain sections are going to be open in Feb., that means ongoing construction will still be going on, that doesn't sound good.

Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
112 posts
9. Re: Melisa International Varadero

If that is the Giagantic one I saw under construction a year ago , I have to wonder how all the guests are going to be packed onto a small beach.

Reply to: Melisa International Varadero
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted