We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a Taxi available going to Haleakala Summit?

Martinez, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Is there a Taxi available going to Haleakala Summit?
Save

I want to know if there is a taxi for hire in going to Haleakala Summit for my Star gazing tour on Oct. 6, 2021.

3 replies to this topic
1. Re: Is there a Taxi available going to Haleakala Summit?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2021, 09:56

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
153 posts
5 reviews
9 helpful votes
2. Re: Is there a Taxi available going to Haleakala Summit?
Save

A taxi would be crazy expensive if they would even do it. There are tours that go up for sunrise and sunset if you don’t want to drive it yourself. The upcountry area is beautiful though and I think deserves more time than what you get with a tour (or taxi).

Maui
Level Contributor
105,429 posts
12 reviews
8 helpful votes
3. Re: Is there a Taxi available going to Haleakala Summit?
Save

No, and as Rebecca said, taxis or uber would be insanely expensive.

If you aren't comfortable renting a car and driving to it yourself, I would cancel the Star Gazing Tour. You will be amazed at how clear our skies are at night on Maui. Not the same as a tour, but far less expensive!

Reply to: Is there a Taxi available going to Haleakala Summit?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Haleakala National Park
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.