We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BNP for labor day weekend

Level Contributor
17 posts
BNP for labor day weekend
Save

Hi all I am planning to visit BNP for this weekend Saturday.Friday evening I will be reaching wall SD where I will be staying in super 8 motel.

Saturday I will be going on loop and do any small treks in BNP depending on crowds and time.

Sunday I will be leaving to Mt Rushmore from Wall SD. And visit crazy horse and cruster state park and get back to Wall SD for Sunday night to sleep.

Does it sound like a good plan or am I missing anything?

3 replies to this topic
The Black Hills...
Level Contributor
6,040 posts
1. Re: BNP for labor day weekend
Save

Why go back to Wall on Sunday? Unless you're going home that way.

There are plenty of places to stay in the Black Hills. As for missing things, yes, you're missing a lot but with the time you've allotted, you have a basic plan. Many people spend a week here and don't see everything. Custer State Park can take a couple of days, just be itself.

Here's a link to the SD Travel Guide. Way too late to order but you can read thru online.

https://www.travelsouthdakota.com/

Edited: 29 August 2021, 21:26
Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
7,402 posts
64 reviews
87 helpful votes
2. Re: BNP for labor day weekend
Save

I agree on not heading back to Wall on Sunday. I would try for Keystone, Hill City or Custer. I would only look at Rapid City if you are on a very tight budget.

Seeing Rushmore, Crazy Horse and Custer State Park in one day isn't overly realistic, even if you don't head back to Wall that night. You would really have to rush to accomplish all of it, and that would just include the scenic drives in CSP, no hikes.

Level Contributor
17 posts
3. Re: BNP for labor day weekend
Save

Thanks for suggestions, yes I am going to back wall as I would like to leave to Iowa Monday morning.

Reply to: BNP for labor day weekend
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Badlands National Park
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.