We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trafalgar tours

Middlebury...
Level Contributor
94 posts
27 reviews
trafalgar tours

Has anyone taken a Trafalgar tour? Am doing resear/h that my TA doesn't seem to have time for. Looking for CA coast tour where one isnot confined to a bus for 4 to 5 hrs with only 2 15 min poddy breaks.

Customer service says that their tours stop once an hour or ecery 90 min.

Can anyone input on their tours and travel style? Thanks. Mel

204 replies to this topic
Bribie Island...
Level Contributor
20 posts
366 reviews
61. Re: trafalgar tours

Our TT was a coach with toilet on board. Toilet stops also every hour or so. Never heard anyone complain about this aspect. We had about 48 on board - so yes - we had to line up to get off etc. BUT - as I said - this is a "tasting" - you see a lot and can always go back. How else would you see so much in so little time. Doing it on your own might mean missing things AND you'd still have to drive the same roads etc - so time about the same in a car - but you'd have to drive ! A car does mean you can stop when you like and means you won't have that annoying idiot on his phone all day - checking the stocks or just texting. I often wonder if they know they have a "mute" button. Getting on and off is a minor annoyance at times. We have all sorts - the one who forgets where his/her seat is; the one who wants to stand and talk in the aisle - blocking everyone else; the one who wants to get a case out for no real reason; the one who wants to bring his tacos and burgers back with him/her etc. We always found it amusing how many (generally American) after a HUGE breakfast would ask the first question of the day - where's lunch today - and we want a hot lunch ! We tended to skip lunch - there's always somewhere to get a quick bite of something healthy - even for a diabetic. The toilet person is often interesting - just before every stop they duck in to the toilet. Apparently the restaurant toilet is not good enough. But - all in all - we enjoyed all our tours in the USA on TT (4 or 5). People are great and places are fun.

Ringgold, Virginia
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
62. Re: trafalgar tours

Be careful taking a bus tour to see the CA coast. There are sections, unfortunately the most senic areas around Big Sur, that are not suitable for coach buses so they cut inland and you miss out. Do your home work on any travel restrictions for buses on CA highways...Pretty hard to avoid the 4-5 hours a day on the bus...check milage on a map and you'll get an estimate on bus time each day...My wife and I did the Western Discoverer recently and spent 6-7 hours a day on an uncomfortable coach (on travel days). Long trip covering a lot of miles. Never again...

Edited: 08 July 2015, 08:14
san diego
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
63. Re: trafalgar tours

We went on The 18 day Trafalgar cost savings European Impressions this July. We were completely delighted. You must know travel tour lingo. "view" means you'll walk or drive by a place whereas "visit" means you'll go in. All of the tours do this so you must read the itinerary closely. We had, so there were no surprises. Yes, the optional tours cost but again you know that going in. Visit the tour company website directly, even if using a travel agent, because we learned from other travelers that their travel agents did not give them full disclosure . Hype website does. We were told and expected not the greatest hotels and we knew they wouldn't be in town. Turns out we had great places to stay and it didn't mater that they were out of town. The optional tours were so worth it. We had many seniors on our tour along with 6 adolescents and our guide saw that everyone's needs were met (not too fast, not too slow). We will be going on another tour with this company in Peru. I cannot recommend them enough.

Moosup, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,015 posts
149 reviews
64. Re: trafalgar tours

Thanx , helpful information for those going on a coach tour.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
65. Re: trafalgar tours

Thinking of doing a 14 day tour combining US and Canada in September 16. Not found many firms that combine these two countries. Anyone have any experience of this trip with Trafalgar

Rio de Janeiro...
Level Contributor
3 posts
40 reviews
66. Re: trafalgar tours

No, but I wouldn`t recommend this company in the first place, our trip to Greece was a swindle when it came to hotels: we got 2-star instead of the purported 4-star.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
67. Re: trafalgar tours

I have just returned from" The Balkans to Venice" tour with Trafalgar and while I would recommend the Dubrovnik and Slovenia part of the tour, I would urge caution when choosing optional experiences. The optional experience for Trogir is what is part of the normal orientation when arriving at a new location and yet we had to pay 35 Euros to get off the coach and do the usual 'walking' tour of that particular place. The other big catch is on the last day of the tour they want 69 Euros to go to St Marks square but you have to agree to stay for 12 hours as it is 'too complicated' to leave earlier.

While the Tour Director did a very good job I don't think telling your travelers to please rate him a 10 on the evaluation sheet other wise he would lose his job.

Come on Trafalgar your stadards are slipping.

Soquel, California
1 post
1 review
68. Re: trafalgar tours

I went on the trip through Britian. I had a wonderful time and was delighted with the accommodations. The tour guide made the trip interesting and exciting. I'd take another Trafalgar Tour.

LENEXA
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
69. Re: trafalgar tours

We recommend that you do not book a Trafalgar Tour. We had completely paid for our 16 day trip that was booked several months ago. Now they canceled the tour just 2 months before our departure date. Find a different company.

Minneapolis...
2 posts
1 review
70. Re: trafalgar tours

has any body taken 16 days SPAINPROTOGA, MORACCO TOUR OF trafalgartour

Reply to: trafalgar tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions