We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trafalgar tours

Middlebury...
Level Contributor
94 posts
27 reviews
trafalgar tours

Has anyone taken a Trafalgar tour? Am doing resear/h that my TA doesn't seem to have time for. Looking for CA coast tour where one isnot confined to a bus for 4 to 5 hrs with only 2 15 min poddy breaks.

Customer service says that their tours stop once an hour or ecery 90 min.

Can anyone input on their tours and travel style? Thanks. Mel

201 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,625 posts
219 reviews
191. Re: trafalgar tours

Tracey, you appear to have posted the same or a broadly similar post four times now, so it begins to look like you're spamming the forums and you run the risk of having all of your posts deleted.

Modesto, California
1 post
192. Re: trafalgar tours

I think you are wrong. When you book a tour in a foreign country, you are doing so because you need guidance and don’t know the language. It is a rare thing to not be near a medical facility in California. A tour guide is better able to point out which towns have medical facilities. I just returned from a 3 week European Trafalger tour. While the tour was excellent, a cough went around the bus and everyone was basically sick for 3 weeks. Four people were able to get a doctor to come to the hotel. In most cases, we were in a different city every day, 9 different countries, sick and exhausted. To expect a person who is truly ill to be able to overcome these obstacles is unrealistic. In my case I also got a bladder infection. In the end what saved us all was our fellow passengers, one gave me antibiotics and we were lucky enough to have a doctor as a passenger too. The tour was wonderful and amazing otherwise, and our guide fantastic. But they should have a list of medical facilities on hand for their passengers. I taught for 30 years and would have lost my job if I ignored a student’s medical needs. I too needed a doctor on the trip, but the thought of having to find a doctor or hospital on my own, and then find and pay for some kind of transportation to catch back up with the tour is daunting. When you pay $7,000 for a trip, you want to enjoy it. I’ve been home 4 days now, and I’m not getting over this “cold” that I’ve suffered with for over a month now.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
193. Re: trafalgar tours

Look at Cosmos, we did this tour with Trafalgar and felt completely ripped off friends did it with Cosmos for half the price with more inclusions.

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
280 reviews
194. Re: trafalgar tours

We travelled with Trafalger on the September 13th Rome and Tuscan Highlights with Antonella Perferto as our tour guide. This was our second tour with Trafalger in seven years. We, along with our fellow travelers in the group, paid very good money to go on this tour. The logistics that Trafalger masters on this type of tour is exceptional. Moving a group of 40+ people to beat the crowds and to get the most out of their precious time is no easy task. Trafalger's planning is very admirable. At this point, I want to be perfectly clear that we enjoyed our Rome and Tuscan Highlights immensely. I also want to be clear that it was not as nearly enjoyable as our 2011 Trafalger tour of Italy and Greece. Why, you ask?

We found that the hotels on this trip were far inferior in general than our 2011 tour. The Hotel Columbia was our home for six nights and other than it's excellent location, it was a huge disappointment! There are at least a dozen hotels within a three block walk of the Columbia in Montecataini Terme that would probably be a better place for Trafalger guests. The Hotel Villa Franca in Rome the first night was also old at best a two-star establishment. The pre-set dinners this time around were of a lesser quality than our 2011 journey. For some very strange reason , we ate indoors at two venues that screamed "al fresco" on evenings that were in the low 80s and there was little or no air-conditioning to cool a room of 40+ or more people. This made it very uncomfortable inside while it was absolutely gorgeous outside. What a shame!

It was extremely warm in Tuscany during our trip. Daytime highs were in the high-80s to mid-90s. The sun beat down on us at least 90% of the daylight hours. So we found it odd that our tour guide SOLD us waters on the bus for 1-euro each. We were wondering to ourselves, with what we paid for the tour, why weren't the bottles of water FREE!

Finally, our tour guide Antonella was both sweet and unbelievably rude. She had a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde personality. No one knew from day to day or even hour to hour, which persona would she up! Not someone that we would want to go along with on a tour with again. It is because of her, we would need to carefully consider taking a Trafalger tour ever again.

M G
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
195. Re: trafalgar tours

I would not recommend. I went on a 15 day tour and was preyed upon by the guide: https:/…

A known sex offender to Trafalgar. They won't answer any of my emails.

Edited: 26 November 2018, 13:47
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,625 posts
219 reviews
196. Re: trafalgar tours

MG what did the police say when you reported the alleged crime and provided the evidence you have for your statement?

Collingwood, Canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
176 reviews
197. Re: trafalgar tours

I don't know if California tours are as well run as tours of Poland. But if Trafalgar Tours demands excellence across all tours, then it might be. I can only tell you that our Tour of Poland, earlier this year....Highlights of Poland...was excellent. Excellent travel director. Excellent attractions we stopped at with local guides to explain things. My wife and I, and about 30 other people on the bus, enjoyed Highlights of Poland.

Collingwood, Canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
176 reviews
198. Re: trafalgar tours

I don't know if California tours are as well run as tours of Poland. But if Trafalgar Tours demands excellence across all tours, then it might be. I can only tell you that our Tour of Poland, earlier this year....Highlights of Poland...was excellent. Excellent travel director. Excellent attractions we stopped at with local guides to explain things. My wife and I, and about 30 other people on the bus, enjoyed Highlights of Poland.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
199. Re: trafalgar tours

They are mediocre. Everything is an option. Expect to pay $1000 for excursions. Everything is an optional excursion! Don't purchase their travel insurance. They will not reimburse you. They will tie you up until you give up fighting. It is a ripoff. The accommodations are fair. The provided meals are given to the lowest bidder. The tour director may be visiting the country for the first time. They wisk you in and out of everything. Watch out for the airline flights. They will try and sneak in multiple 4+ hour layovers or charge you a big upgrade. We have done multiple trips like this with Trafalgar. They have gone down hill to the point that we will not use them again. You live and learn.

Palm Springs...
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,317 posts
112 reviews
200. Re: trafalgar tours

Blanket criticisms of a tour company just don't make sense. Trafalgar has very budget tours such as cost saver and they have extremely high end tours such as insight. they keep in generalized statement that meals are cheap or there are many optional tours just don't apply over each division of any major tour company. It sounds like you're unhappy with many things so I take it with a grain of salt and no I do not work for Trafalgar

Reply to: trafalgar tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions