We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trafalgar tours

Middlebury...
Level Contributor
91 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
trafalgar tours

Has anyone taken a Trafalgar tour? Am doing resear/h that my TA doesn't seem to have time for. Looking for CA coast tour where one isnot confined to a bus for 4 to 5 hrs with only 2 15 min poddy breaks.

Customer service says that their tours stop once an hour or ecery 90 min.

Can anyone input on their tours and travel style? Thanks. Mel

178 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,832 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
1. Re: trafalgar tours

Hi hannan_me1,

I noticed you ran into a technical glitch while attempting to post your question. I apologize for the inconvenience, and I'm bumping your question up so others will see it.

Thanks,

TA_BarbaraKD

San Diego...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: trafalgar tours

Out of San Diego. Might find other related sites from other cities.

daytrippertours.com/about-san-diego-day-tour…

Middlebury...
Level Contributor
91 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trafalgar tours

Thank you. Company has some nice trips. Regretably nothing fitting my needs in Sept / Oct (which I forgot to mention in my original post, apologies).

Trafalgar seems to be looking ,ike best fit. Just wish I could hearing from someone with first hand knowledge of their tours.

Thanks again for the day trip info.

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: trafalgar tours

The Trafalgar guided vacations are an excellent way to travel. They have an excellent selection of trips and destinations and their on board service and customer care is top notch. Most importantly their vacations offer insider experiences that give their guests access to the people places and culture they visit in ways that go beyond traditional "touring". Their Be My Guest experiences are amazing allowing guests to live & dine like a local by visiting with local families that exclisively host their groups into their private home, farm or restaurant for an insider view into how they live, what is special about their way of life etc. They dine with them as we'll as leave with a gift that represents the experience. It's very, very, cool. You should pick up one of their brochures and read through their itineraries. You can get one at any AAA travel agency. However, you need to understand that no company anywhere operating trips over the road across multiple states or cities will ever be set up to stop svery 90 min or so as you mention someome from customer service told you. You should go back and review that question again with whomever you got that information from. No trip would get very far or see many things for the money you spend if its set up like that and your travel agent should know that. In fact if you are doing the leg work yourself you should think about maybe getting a new TA. She makes a commission to get you what you need to make the right choice and have the best vacation experience. Good luck and go Trafalgar you won't be disappointed.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
66,786 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trafalgar tours

Hi,

You may not have noticed that you can put a question in the search box above to find previous discussions.

Here is a whole page of previous threads talking about Trafalgar Tours.

Well the link did not work sooo go up to the box on the top of the forum that has the word SEARCH next to it and just type in Trafalgar Tours. You will find a whole page of info.

Edited: 16 July 2013, 21:04
Middlebury...
Level Contributor
91 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trafalgar tours

Thanks Ungaragirl. I am now booked with Trafalgar on the share basis. Will hope for the best and see how it goes.

Riff, thanks for explaining about search option. I'm newo here so appreciate all the help.

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
91 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trafalgar tours

Looking for any feedback on their E European tours

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: trafalgar tours

My wife and I just returned from a "Trafalger 12 day Heritage" tour of Great Britain. We visited England, Wales, and Scotland. To my amazement, everything went like clockwork on the entire tour. We went by motorcoach, with restroom facilities. It was noted on the brochure that free WiFi was included on the bus, but the guide said it didn't work correctly, and they had discontinued it.

All hotels were either acceptable, or better, with some being "grand." Please bring your own wash/face cloth, as they are not available in any of the hotels in Great Britain.

The bus stopped for rest facilities every 2 hours or sooner, and ample time was given in selected locations for shopping, etc.

Our tour guide, Dan Wood, was very informative, and provided both historical information, and local color throughout the tour. He was the perfect tour companion!

Our luggage was both loaded and unloaded by hotel reps. and transfers were provided to and from the airport. We had sing-a-longs on the bus and everyone seemed to enjoy the tour. My wife and I are age 75 and 78, so if we can do it you can too! It was the perfect tour! Bob and Sandy Crawford, Indianapolis.

Edited: 08 October 2013, 21:26
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,099 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: trafalgar tours

every tour is a bit different. Trafalgar has some relaxed pace tours that don't leave before 9 am. Most tours offer a bathroom break not less than every two hours.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: trafalgar tours

That's one of the tours I was thinking about taking so can you tell me more. Was the countryside traveled beautiful, did you like the "castle" you stayed in? What didn't you like about the trip.

Reply to: trafalgar tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted