We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tauck Tours - How good are they?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
29 posts
174 reviews
Tauck Tours - How good are they?

Hi- We are considering a 14 days Tauck Tour of Scotland and England. I reviewed their brochure and noticed that the hotels all seem really upscale compared to Insight vacations. (Looked into that one, also.) Also, it seems to be a slower pace where there are half days of sight-seeing and time off for yourself. Can anyone out there comment on Tauck Tours and the quality for the money? Taking my 91 year old Dad and want this to be really nice. Probably, won't be doing it ever again. Thank you.

549 replies to this topic
Westport...
3 posts
1. Re: Tauck Tours - How good are they?

Hi -

The hotels at Tauck are excellent ,- and the location is almost alway near to local popular attractions, making it easy for me to visit local famous places in free time. I have found that the value for the money - when I had my travel agent break out the actual costs included in Tauck vs other companies - the cost was really the same - in other words, what is included in Tauck is usually an additonal cost with others - I went to Africa and the hot air baloon ride was included with Tauck - with the others the additional cost for the same hot air ballon ride was betweeen 470 - to 600. On the Tauck trips I have taken, there is always someone on thier 12th - to 20th trip - which I think speaks for the quality of the company. There is a Facebook Page for Tauck - you can see what other travelers write about the company. What ever you decide, I hope you have an amazing time with your Father - what a great memory you are about to create!

Edited: 17 September 2011, 05:12
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
29 posts
174 reviews
2. Re: Tauck Tours - How good are they?

Thank you so much for the information!!! I thought as much in regards to the cost of extras adding onto the base price. I noticed that TAUCK also offered more meals. I loved the hotels they picked, knowing that part of the fantasy of travel is the lodging. Bad room, bad experience. I think your comments have sealed the deal for me. I know we will not be disappointed. Thank you for the tip on the Face-book page! Again, thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate input from my Trip-advisor friends.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
3. Re: Tauck Tours - How good are they?

Tauck Bridges family travel adventures are all about shared enrichment and inclusive value with meticulously planned and seamlessly orchestrated vacations...

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
16,002 posts
34 reviews
4. Re: Tauck Tours - How good are they?

Linda Tauck is perfect for your Dad. You see they cater to an older crowd. Some of the other operators, like Insight, cater to a younger crowd who wants free time to experience things on their own, who want the freedom to try restaurants (with recommendations from their guides perhaps) on their own or simply to have the option to grab a bite and eat on the run and not sit down for two hours at every meal. Those tours are catering to the folks who are not even sure that they want to be on an organized tour so they do their best to provide the 'must sees' and outline additional special interest options. Not everyone would be comfortable flying in a hot air balloon I suppose. But for your Dad I think you've made a good choice. Enjoy yourselves.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
29 posts
174 reviews
5. Re: Tauck Tours - How good are they?

Thank you one and all for your comments on Tauck Tours. Based on the "rave" reviews, I am booking the 14 day England/Scotland/Wales tour. Even my AAA advisor said that she has only had good comments. Add my Trip-advisor friends into the mix and I am totally sold on the idea. Think my Dad will love it, with no complaints. The tour age bracket sounds perfect. 91 years old and he still eager to go! This should be FUN

Washington State
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Tauck Tours - How good are they?

Although our tour was to Italy and not Scotland, it sounds like you still might find the write-up of our experience helpful.

We posted our "review" of our Tauck vacation on this page:

http://www.1mpages.com/ReviewTauckItaly.html

We have traveled with a number of different tour companies, and Tauck has been our favorite!

Rockford Il
3 posts
1 review
7. Re: Tauck Tours - How good are they?

To Linda who is travelling with her 91 yr old Dad: Would love for you to post your trip review. We are considering the trip. We are 61 and 62. Could you email me at: thekenlins@gmail with your thoughts upon your return? Thank you so much! I k now you will have a fantastic time! Linda K.

Edited: 09 November 2011, 08:27
Rockford Il
3 posts
1 review
8. Re: Tauck Tours - How good are they?

To Linda travelling with her 91 yr old Dad: I posted incomplete email

thekenlins@gmail.com

The message read: To Linda who is travelling with her 91 yr old Dad: Would love for you to post your trip review. We are considering the trip. We are 61 and 62. Could you email me at: thekenlins@gmail.com with your thoughts upon your return? Thank you so much! I k now you will have a fantastic time! Linda K

PS..When approximately is your trip?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
29 posts
174 reviews
9. Re: Tauck Tours - How good are they?

Hello Peregrinater- Thank you so much for sending me your Review of Classic Italy, Tauck Tours. Most thorough! Not a question unanswered! After reading your write-up, I am almost ready to switch my tour. Almost, but not quite! I am thinking of making a 5 year plan (with Tauck). They have so many wonderful destinations and tours and so much positive feed-back! Again, thank you for taking the time to email me. I really appreciate and value my Tripadvisor friends and their comments.

cambriah
Level Contributor
59 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: Tauck Tours - How good are they?

My wife and I, both Seniors, have been on seven Tauck Tours -- USA, Canada, and most recently, Ireland.

We looked into Insight, Globus, and several other Tour Companies, but always stayed with Tauck. We were NEVER disappointed. The very best hotels , restaurants and sightseeing. There were always many (mostly?) seniors on the tours, and the Tour Directors were always outstanding. A bit more expensive, but IMO, worth it.

PS On a Tauck Tour to Nova Sctia a few years ago the was a delightful gentleman who was 93 years old with the group. He was there with his girlfriend!

Reply to: Tauck Tours - How good are they?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions