We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groups that cruise together

Walker
Level Contributor
48 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Groups that cruise together

Hello everyone!

I was just wondering if there are any groups out there that like to go on cruises? I am retired and LOVE to cruise. I have been on several cruises with friends and my daughter. Unfortunately, my daughter is in college and can't always get away,my friends either can't afford it or are not as passionate as I am, and my husband just WON'T. So, I am looking for groups of seniors that love it as much as I do. I live in Grand Rapids, MI and just can't seem to find anything by searching the internet...so I thought I'd ask here. Please let me know if you know of any groups in my area.

Thanks,

Patti

7 replies to this topic
N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
22,226 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Groups that cruise together

I'm not sure this is exactly what you are looking for but Road Scholar (used to be Elder Hostel) has programs that are cruise-based, ranging from River Boats to Ocean cruises.

https:/…

Altho I've not done a cruise-based Road Scholar tour I've done a number of land based ones and there are always women traveling solo. I find the company of both the solo travelers and the couples very congenial and there is never a problem finding company.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Groups that cruise together

I did one Cruise with RoadScholar and I would also recommend that you look at them.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,576 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Groups that cruise together

There are many tour groups that do cruises some with the land component and some just with the cruise you could basically look at any of the majors Trafalgar Cosmos Globus tauck. Consider

Goaheadtours.com

As they do a land Alaska program with a cruise.

Virginia
Level Contributor
75 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Groups that cruise together

You might check with your local AAA office that has travel consultants. They arrange logistics for cruises, and may be aware of local groups.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,504 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Groups that cruise together

I recommend you ask on the Cruises Forum. https:/…ShowForum-g1-i10703-Cruises.html.

Also check out TripAdvisor's sister company Cruise Critic. They have so many forums there about cruising.

There are websites that list theme cruises, which might be an alternative. They are themed around interests. There are even cruises for motorcyclists that drive their bikes onto ships and tour the ports by motorcycle. Bridge groups, ballroom dancers....if you have a hobby, there is most likely a groip tour available around that them.

Canada
Level Contributor
6,942 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Groups that cruise together

I agree with post #4, AAA or any other reliable local travel agent often organize tours from local areas and would have lots of other info for you. Local senior centres also often organize trips,

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,319 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Groups that cruise together

We travel frequently with Tauck. Both cruise and land. There are several singles on many trips and we all form a group. There is no problem and you are welcome.

Reply to: Groups that cruise together
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted