We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trafalgar

Level Contributor
14 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Trafalgar

Has anyone done the National Trip by Trafalgar? It starts in Salt Lake, travel to the Tetons,Yellowstone and ends in Rapid City ?

6 replies to this topic
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,566 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trafalgar

see post 115. You can search within any fourm

https:/…81846680

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
22,215 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trafalgar

We haven't had many Trip Reports on the Yellowstone forum for coach tours including Trafalgar tours. I did do a search and came up with this older one :

see post #3

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60999…

These parks are pretty easy to drive yourself in and we can help with trip planning on the Wyoming and South Dakota forums. It's a full days' drive between Yellowstone and Black Hills but if you have 14 nights you can make a nice loop out of Denver.

My only problem with the tours is that they miss so much as their time is so short in all the parks. They are fine for a quick overview.

If you do decide on a tour do choose one of the big companies like Trafalgar, Caravan, Tauck, Road Scholar. Be really, really careful about the low-end tours that are pitched as *bilingual*. Reviews on them are generally awful.

Level Contributor
14 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trafalgar

Thank you so very much! I really appreciate your prompt reply

Level Contributor
14 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trafalgar

Thank you so very much for your quick reply!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,566 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trafalgar

I work as a tour guide and my friend does theTrafalgar tour. Caravan is pretty budget and Tauck one of the higher end companies. Most itineraries have some good and bad points. What I suggest is to post the actual itinerary of the tour your thinking of and post in the forum for that tour. Understand that most on TA will say 'just do it yourself' but I do 14 tours a yr for over 13 yrs and can tell you that 99% have been wonderful groups of travelers. The stereotype of people that have never been on a tour is a far cry from reality. Also the Clientele will vary a lot between different tour companies. Good luck in the search.

Level Contributor
14 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trafalgar

Thank you for the information, it is truly appreciated! We have never traveled in that area before so the ihput ifrom TA forums is a great benefit! Thanks again!

Reply to: Trafalgar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted