We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puglia/ Almafi road trip, last 2 weeks of September!!!

Puglia/ Almafi road trip, last 2 weeks of September!!!

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

11 replies to this topic
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Oman, California, Yukon, Chile, Argentina, Road Trips
Level Contributor
28,926 posts
7 reviews
9 helpful votes
1. Re: Puglia/ Almafi road trip, last 2 weeks of September!!!
Save

Steph, as your whole trip is in Italy, I think you'd get better answers if you post in the special Italy-Forum. There the locals for sure know it better.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
40,352 posts
35 reviews
98 helpful votes
2. Re: Puglia/ Almafi road trip, last 2 weeks of September!!!
Save

I notice you got very little help with your posts on the Puglia forum. I have no idea why that was because I've found it a helpful forum with some good advice offered by certain contributors. Maybe you posted when the forum was especially quiet - it is not the most active forum in Italy.

I'm also struggling to work out exactly what your plan is. It's much easier to understand your order of travel and pacing if you were to lay out a more structured itinerary, such as 'we spend night 1 in X, move onto Y for 2 nights before heading to Z for our fourth night, etc if you don't want to do it in list form.

For example, this extract of your post is confused as there's no connection with the Amalfi coast and the location of either Alberobello, Matera and the coast on the other side of the country.

>>> ... then next day travel up to the Almafi Coast, first stop on route Aberollo for 1 or 2 hrs , then head to Matera for 2 nights ... <<<

There's no indication of how many days you have in most places to figure out if you are on the right track and where to fit in a trip to Pompeii - which could very possible.

As a key destination is now Pompeii and the Puglia forum is quiet, I'd suggest you post this itinerary as well on theTA forums for Naples or Amalfi coast forums as they are more active. But they too will need to have a better understanding of your plan, and info on what accommodation is already booked, where and for how many nights.

However, and maybe I should have asked this question first: You imply you have yet to book your rental car. Is that correct? Where does your trip start and end? If you have yet to book a car, please do that ASAP to avoid disappointment. The whole world is suffering from a car shortage owing to supply chain delays and the chip shortage. Rental car companies are especially badly hit by this as there's a worldwide shortage of rental cars and prices are eye wateringly expensive for the few cars still available. Please book directly with the rental company, and for rentals in Italy do so with your eyes wide open and check the fine print. Expect to be charged by any small local company additional, daily insurance fees as well, irrespective of what you have booked. If there are 4 adults and lots of luggage, you will need to consider your situation. A larger car (if available) will afford more comfort, and depending on type of vehicle, you will be able to stow personal possessions out of sight when you are busy sightseeing. However, with the narrow roads in every last Italian small town, driving a larger vehicle in some of them is a nightmare. Also, do check the rules for ZTLs, etc and if you need one, book an automatic as the default is likely to be manual/stick shift. The driver(s) are likely to need an IDP as well, especially if stopped by the police for any reason.

SWT

Edited: 12 August 2022, 17:45
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
3. Re: Puglia/ Almafi road trip, last 2 weeks of September!!!
Save

Thank you so much for you're kind reply !!! 😊 I will do !!!

4. Re: Puglia/ Almafi road trip, last 2 weeks of September!!!

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,352 posts
35 reviews
98 helpful votes
5. Re: Puglia/ Almafi road trip, last 2 weeks of September!!!
Save

Curious. OP had now deleted all posts bar response 3, so nobody can help now.

SWT

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,926 posts
7 reviews
9 helpful votes
6. Re: Puglia/ Almafi road trip, last 2 weeks of September!!!
Save

Maybe I suggested something wrong, because I asked the OP to repost in the italien forum. I thought there were more locals who could better answer his questions.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,352 posts
35 reviews
98 helpful votes
7. Re: Puglia/ Almafi road trip, last 2 weeks of September!!!
Save

Beate - in theory, the relevant Italian forum should be the more suitable forum to make a new post, so nothing wrong with your advice.

The OP had earlier, days before posting here, posted on the Puglia forum, with 2 very similar topics, both of which got responses, if not exactly helpful ones. Partly, that was because the Puglia forums are very quiet, but also partly because those posts also made little sense or described a clear order of travel, like their OP here, and nobody thought to ask for further info, they just ignored the topics. Those posts were all there when I checked posting history before typing my response but it seems every post, including older ones on different topics entirely for other destinations have now been removed.

SWT

Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
8. Re: Puglia/ Almafi road trip, last 2 weeks of September!!!
Save

you suggested nothing wrong and delighted with you're responses , my English writing is not the best I'm afraid , and Ive got slated for my grammar, in the past !!! so I'll just get my husband in the future to write out my questions as I'm probably crap at explaining in writing hence the reason I deleted all posts x

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,926 posts
7 reviews
9 helpful votes
9. Re: Puglia/ Almafi road trip, last 2 weeks of September!!!
Save

Steph, who slated you?

As you maybe see, my english is also not the best, I'd say it is very bad. But nobody slated me.

So, please, ask your question again in the Puglia-forum. Give as many information as you can, date of the trip, how many days you have, how many people, what are your interest, will you have a car, a.s.o. And I'm sure you would get many answers.

If one of the answer don't satisfy you or you cannot understand it, ask again. There are lots of friendly people on that forum.

Edited: 12 August 2022, 23:15
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
10. Re: Puglia/ Almafi road trip, last 2 weeks of September!!!
Save

Thank you , a previous person on the puglia forum and I know everyone is very friendly and informative on here !!!

Reply to: Puglia/ Almafi road trip, last 2 weeks of September!!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.