We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nortwest Arizona to northwest Utah route?

6 posts
Nortwest Arizona to northwest Utah route?
Save

Hello all,

Hopefully I'm posting this in a good spot...

My daughter and I are thinking of planning an exploration trip/vacation to northwestern Idaho. (If we win the lottery to pay for gas!!)

I plugged the departure and destination into Mapquest, and was shown two routes. One traverses Utah from south to north completely, and the other likewise for Nevada.

Which route should we take, and why? (We will not be in a hurry enroute, and will camp(ish) most nights.)

Note: We hate the desert. :~(

Thanks for all considerations!

Vettepilot

4 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
5,349 posts
78 reviews
74 helpful votes
1. Re: Nortwest Arizona to northwest Utah route?
Save

There's not much to see on the Nevada route and it appears you aren't much interested in what Utah has to offer either. I'd choose the Utah route, having driven from Las Vegas to Bend, Oregon.

It would help to know more about what interests you.

Edited: 03 July 2022, 07:24
Naalehu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,956 posts
91 reviews
50 helpful votes
2. Re: Nortwest Arizona to northwest Utah route?
Save

Are you going to northwest Utah or northwest Idaho?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell, Utah
Level Contributor
42,929 posts
62 reviews
15 helpful votes
3. Re: Nortwest Arizona to northwest Utah route?
Save

I think you got pretty good responses on your Arizona thread.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28924-i139-k14012023-Arizona_to_Northwest_Idaho_trip_route_recommedations-Arizona.html

Yes, I know someone suggested you post on the Road Trip forum. Provided the link to your other thread so people who read this thread will know what has already been offered about this trip.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
40,041 posts
35 reviews
98 helpful votes
4. Re: Nortwest Arizona to northwest Utah route?
Save

If you truly hate the desert, then perhaps you should avoid either of these routes!

I read the posts on the Arizona forum and am none the wiser about time of year or much else to be honest. No explanation of type of camping planned, actual interests rather than dislikes/can't dos, etc.

More mountains, is a fine concept, but you will still need to drive through much of Arizona, Nevada and/or Utah to reach some, when it's a loop trip starting from LHC.

SWT

Edited: 04 July 2022, 20:11
Reply to: Nortwest Arizona to northwest Utah route?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.