We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday ideas with ASD child

Great Yarmouth...
6 posts
Holiday ideas with ASD child
Save

Hi,

Has anyone found any nice quiet places to stay ideal for children with ASD. We like self catering, landal greenparcs/centreparcs style. Eurocamp was way too busy. Looking at Spain/ Italy ideally. Can't seem to find anything!

Thank you

3 replies to this topic
Wrexham, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Traveling With Disabilities
Level Contributor
4,247 posts
362 reviews
292 helpful votes
1. Re: Holiday ideas with ASD child
Save

This forum is about general problems for the disabled, and I don't know if anybody here knows the area where you want to go for your holiday. You'll get better advice from local experts by asking in the destination forum.

For Spain, https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g187427-i42-Spain.html

For Italy, https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g187768-i20-Italy.html

Finding quiet places can be challenging, but I'm sure something will turn up.

Edited: 30 September 2023, 01:18
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
458 posts
30 reviews
24 helpful votes
2. Re: Holiday ideas with ASD child
Save

How about a farm stay in Sweden in Sweden or Denmark? they are listed on Airbnb as holiday homes or holiday stays. You can be as alone as you want!

Tel Aviv, Israel
2 posts
1 review
3. Re: Holiday ideas with ASD child
Save

I don't have an ASD kid but I have a 4 year old with hyper/hypo sensory need and he has a tendency to wonder. We stayed at paradisio baby and kinder hotel in October this is an amazing, quiet, gated place. The only noise you may here are the military planes taking off during the day. The woman who owns, it is amazing and she catered for all our needs. My 4 yo loved it he could go feed the animalswhen he wanted and there was playground on site which he always ran off too if we weren't watching.

What is super nice is there is only 9 rooms/apartments and everyone was super friendly and nice. The pool is even gated. The only thing is there are no TV in the rooms (kinda a plus because it meant you had to go an explore the island) and you definitely need a car, the owner can recommend an amazing local car rental company which was rediculously cheap compared to the other big companies (no idea how these companies stay in business)

The owner is always available 24/7 and can also give you recommendations for food and places to go daily.

Reply to: Holiday ideas with ASD child
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.