We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lufthansa business class seats Europe

Level Contributor
15 posts
Lufthansa business class seats Europe
Save

Hello

I am handicapped, need to lie down on part of the trip and am travelling with an assistant. What we have done with one airline is that I booked 2 seats in one row for me, and the third on the same row for her, and then I laid down on my two seats with my legs in her lap. That worked great.

Now I have to fly from Barcelona, Spain to Stavanger, Norway with Lufthansa. Unfortunately they do not allow me to book two seats for myself without a lot of paperwork and then it is subject to approval, but their message was "probably not possible". Hence I thought we could book two business class seats as I read that the middle seat is left empty anyhow. But it also said in Seatguru that the old business class version had a fixed table between the seats in business class, and for me to lie down I have to be able to lift up the armrests. So this is my question: Does anyone know if business class in Europe, and on the leg Barcelona-Frankfurt-Stavanger specifically, have anything fixed making it impossible to lie down across one row of three seats please? Customer service can not help me with this.

Any help with this matter will be greatly appreciated!

10 replies to this topic
Wrexham, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Traveling With Disabilities
Level Contributor
4,247 posts
362 reviews
292 helpful votes
1. Re: Lufthansa business class seats Europe
Save

Not sure if any of us will be able to answer.

Suggest you also ask on the Air Travel forum https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Travel.html

Good luck with your trip.

Level Contributor
15 posts
2. Re: Lufthansa business class seats Europe
Save

London, England
Level Contributor
14,125 posts
71 reviews
70 helpful votes
3. Re: Lufthansa business class seats Europe
Save

Have you contacted Lufthansa Special Assistance?

Level Contributor
15 posts
4. Re: Lufthansa business class seats Europe
Save

Hello. No, just customer service. I didn`t know they have a special assistance phone line and customer service did not mention it either.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
32,870 posts
100 reviews
143 helpful votes
5. Re: Lufthansa business class seats Europe
Save

https://www.lufthansa.com/be/en/travellers-with-special-needs

"For questions and for further information, the Lufthansa Medical Operation Centre (MOC) will be pleased to assist you:

Fax: +49 69 696 83 677

Email: ​specialservice@dlh.de

(Monday to Friday: 08.30–20.00 hours; Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 08.30–16.30 hours)

"

Level Contributor
15 posts
6. Re: Lufthansa business class seats Europe
Save

Thank you!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
458 posts
30 reviews
24 helpful votes
7. Re: Lufthansa business class seats Europe
Save

Did SPecial Assistance help you? I haven'tried Lufthansa yet, but BA was very unhelpful and SAS was marginal. However, on our last trip, SAS staff at the counter was very helpful, even if all the info I had given to special assistance never made my file! The "I don't think we can do that translates to "I am too lazy to find out." If you get ithat response again, say, " Thank you for you help. If you can't answermy question, could you transfer me to your supervisor?"

Edited: 01 October 2023, 14:05
Level Contributor
15 posts
8. Re: Lufthansa business class seats Europe
Save

Hello. No, I had to post-pone the trip a bit so just put it all aside (nice with a break from as you so eloquently put it "I am too lazy to find out" responses), but will be at it again in a couple of weeks, and Lufthansa is on the top of the list then. Just so demorilizing spending 30-40 mins on the phone with one after the other and no result.

Sorry to hear about your expereinces. Yes, I have the same experience with SAS and also with KLM. Thus far Norwegian has actually been the only one being helpful.

I hope your luck will change!

Level Contributor
15 posts
9. Re: Lufthansa business class seats Europe
Save

Hello again

I have now tried to contact LH special service. They do not have a phone number but can only be reached trough e-mail or fax. I sent them an e-mail several days ago but only received an automated reply saying it would take time to get back to me. In the meantime I have spent another hour on the phone with customer service to no avail Too long a story to tell here. Lufthansa is now on the very bottom of the list of airlines with the reason that they are making it impossible to travel as a person with special needs. KLM and SAS are really bad too, whereas Norwegian has been helpful and also have a much better website where it is realtively easy to find information.

Wrexham, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Traveling With Disabilities
Level Contributor
4,247 posts
362 reviews
292 helpful votes
10. Re: Lufthansa business class seats Europe
Save

Thanks for letting us know how you're getting on.

Very disappointing performance by LH.

Reply to: Lufthansa business class seats Europe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.